This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seminar 2013 Overview

Started by Cole Dano, March 25, 2013 · 37 Replies · 128 Views

Nic Branson

Told me he was verifying dates of the spartan race and clients for attendance. Plans to finalize this coming week.

Cole Dano

Happy to hear it!

 

I was pretty sure that's what was going on, but appreciate the verification, the weekend will be a little more relaxed now.

Nic Branson

He is a bit unhappy with the revenue split, but he is also thinking that for us this is a marketing opportunity. He likes it than he writes about it and he also helps spread it to other RKC's and quite a few listen to him.

Cole Dano

From where I sit, frankly I'm not going to loose any sleep over that.

 

For one thing we're raising the price of this seminar by 33%, that alone more than makes up for it.

Cole Dano

- Andrew is not happy with our terms and thinks he's providing us with a service.

 

- I disagree, most likely this won't be happening

 

- IF we want to advertise to the RKC community, this needs to be negotiated separately from the seminar

Nic Branson

Very annoying.

Cory Fair

For the amount he'd receive from a split, we could do 6-8 months of targeted Google AdWords to steal and/or redirect RKC traffic to us. I fail to see how he'd be doing us much service. "Putting in a good word" style of endorsement helps sales in the immediate term, but keeps us prisoner to how and when our brand gets promoted.

Cole Dano

I know, I had to redact my comments a few times on this one. ;)

 

Thankfully Coach got a chuckle out of the email.

Nic Branson

Making me regret bringing him the offer here.

Cole Dano

Nothing to regret Nic. Just another day in the office  :o

 

He could still come around, but we are standing firm.

 

It does give some insight into how DD operates though.

Nic Branson

Yes DD is, has been and will likely always be greedy and self important. Have a prolonged conversation with John and you'll pick that up fast.

Cole Dano

Nic, your effort was not in vain.

 

Andrew wrote today, he didn't realise it was Coach Sommer who was coming out. Apparently he got burned before, with the promise of big name instructor coming out, only to have a second tier show up.

 

He wants to go forward.

Nic Branson

Guess that was not bluntly clear enough.

Nice work Cole. Thanks for the update.