This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seminar 2013 Overview

Started by Cole Dano, March 25, 2013 · 37 Replies · 128 Views

Cole Dano

I needed to step back and get organised with where we are on the seminar front.

 

Set up a mindmap to help notes are bellow.

 

post-1330-0-96327800-1364219716_thumb.pn

 

Main Areas:

 

Seminar Development:

 

Current goals

- set up Asia/Pacific and US tours

 

Needed:

 

- First Contact email to solicit possible facilities (Cole/Coach)

- Dates for Canberra to pin Asia/Pacific Tour around

- Nic: Hand off Andrew to me at some point after Canberra dates are known

- Coach: Go date for when your weekends are generally free

 

Webstore

 

Current Goals:

- Improve conversions!

- Improve description (will first update London and Tacoma as a test)

- Better integration with Courses

 

 

Lead Development

 

Current Goals:

- Find potential Seminar hosts in key locations

 

Needed:

- Pre-composed first contact email (Cole/Coach)

- Ability to mine GB data for gym owners etc (Coach has been doing a great job of sending me potential hosts, I assume he's just looking through the sales manually which is a start)

- Possible Website link: Request a Seminar

 

 

Marketing

 

Tools: Harvested emails/GB Website/GB YouTube/Facebook

 

 

Current Goals:

- Better outreach

- Make process more efficient

 

Needed:

- Pre-composed email campaign (Coach/Cole)

One email for first announcement and one week prior to SEB and EB dates

- Ability to direct emails regionally (Cory/Cole)

 

I realised last week I was buried, spending the day working this all out was very helpful to building a plan of attack.

 

I will most likely email you guys with specific questions/actions in the near future and work toward getting an organised efficient system on track. 

 

Obviously everything is open ended, but it provides me some focus.

Nic Branson

His email should be in the thread, already has your name to expect an email at some point. He knows we are looking at dates right now. October is best for him as his November is almost booked solid.

Coach Sommer

Let's check with Kit then to see if October is a possibility.

Cole Dano
Coach Sommer said:

Let's check with Kit then to see if October is a possibility.

 

Do you want to contact them or shall I?

If me, then I should contact Olivia?

Coach Sommer

Perhaps have Cory do the initial contact with you as a cc and then pass it off to you.

Coach Sommer

- Based on that schedule, perhaps either the weekend of Oct 26-27 or the weekend of Nov 2-3 for Kit with Andrew's seminar coming one week prior to either of Kit's weekends.

 

- This potentially allows Kit to finish his tour and still allows Andrew's seminar to occur in Oct.

 

Thoughts?

Cory Fair

I'll send Kit an email now.

Cory Fair

I got an answer back:

 

 

Hi Cory
 
Neither Kit nor myself will be in Canberra at that time, on current scheduling. As well, our facility will be closed by then (we're closing on 14 June). 
 
There is, perhaps, the possibility of using the gymnastics facility used in July 2012, however again Kit and I will not be here to organise or accommodate Coach.
 
Cheers
Olivia
Cole Dano

Closing, as in permanently? Is Nov. also out for them?

Cory Fair

Yes to both accounts. They are moving to a pure-workshop and product business model. 

Nic Branson

Perhaps this could open up the possibility of joint seminars / workshops in the future. Just an idea...

Cole Dano

OK, this is a complete surprise. I guess Coach Sommer was aware of this?

 

Do we have any other Australian leads? The seminars have been doing well there and we want to keep serving the establish group there. 

 

Is there any know time that Kit could do a ST unit in Australia? That is assuming Coach wants to keep doing 3-day seminars there.

Coach Sommer

- My understanding was that while Kit would no longer have his own facility, Merrill (one of his advanced students) was going to keep the work going at a different location.  It appears that perhaps this did not work out.

 

- The easiest solution is to send emails to the Australian CrossFit gyms promoting the GB revenue sharing seminars, letting them know that I will be in Australia in October and see who would be interested in hosting a GB Seminar during that timeframe.

Cole Dano

Since Andrew Read is our firm lead, If I start with him and then can structure the rest of the tour around that.

 

Some of this effort can be aided by our collective knowhow.

 

- Coach: We need two email to be able to send out

1) First Contact for prospective hosts

2) Seminar promotion to prospective clients (later we will need similar for one week prior to SEB and EB dates, but lets get one out for now)

 

Could we do this as a collaborative effort. I.e. if you could write one good 'color' paragraph and I can add the rest and be the commentary man.

 

- Cory: I would really like to start taking advantage of InfusionSoft and get away from manual lists

I sent you a mail yesterday, but realise you might not know or have time to answer everything yourself.

In any case, I would like to collect data on

- Prospective clients

- Prospective hosts

and use the InfusionSoft system to generate location based filters and semi-automated mailings.

I suspect the answer to this is going to take more than a quick Skype, does InfusionSoft provide educational support that I could utilise? 

 

Anyway - moving forward in these two areas now will help me immensely in the future.

 

The newsletter and having a newsletter signup will also be immensely helpful in generating leads.

Cole Dano

Thanks Cory!

 

I just checked my sent box, and I must have screwed up, I can't find it either. In any case this will get me going. I have to admit, I don't find InfusionSoft to be intuitive yet, so I have some homework to do.

 

What does our support allow, in other words if I'm really stumped, can I call support to help solve my user issues?

 

I'll look the links over and get back to you on this in a day or two if needed.

Cole Dano
Coach Sommer said:

- My understanding was that while Kit would no longer have his own facility, Merrill (one of his advanced students) was going to keep the work going at a different location.  It appears that perhaps this did not work out.

 

 

- Has anyone contacted Merrill directly to find out his status, or otherwise had this confirmed?

 
Coach Sommer said:

- The easiest solution is to send emails to the Australian CrossFit gyms promoting the GB revenue sharing seminars, letting them know that I will be in Australia in October and see who would be interested in hosting a GB Seminar during that timeframe.

 

- In any case doing this would be a great idea. Cory is going to walk me through setting up a broadcast and we'll get it out early next week.

 

- Thanks for getting the newsletter out

 

- Would be great to do newsletters through that fancy marketing system InfusionSoft, can I help get your mailing list imported?

Cole Dano

It looks like Kit's senior student in Canberra, Merryn, simply slipped through the cracks.

 

I have contacted her, and she's very keen to continue and help arrange a seminar there. Most likely in the Gymnastic facility visited last summer.

 

Personally I feel it's proper to give her the first chance.

Coach Sommer

We will give Andrew a little more time to get it together and then we are going to move on.

Cole Dano

I sent the email sticking to our guns on Sunday, so it's getting to be about time.

 

Will drop him and Japan a note if I haven't heard anything by Monday.

Nic Branson

If this is AU Andrew then tell him, he understands business. Either he's in or out on what works for us. If you need me to kick him in the ass then let me know.

Cole Dano

I think the message was clear.

 

He either is out, considering if he wants to do it on our terms or working on giving me a date for the event, which was where I left it.

 

I would imagine if the terms were totally not to his liking, he would have already said so, but you never know how people are going to deal with things.

Cole Dano

Nic, no reply from Andrew, your call if you want to drop him a note and find out what the deal is or not. 

 

In any case I will contact him on Monday, i'm old school, believe in waiting a week.

Nic Branson

Will send him a quick note asking how things are going