Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bench pressing body weight handstand

Shimmy

I saw video of Damien Walters and Timothy Shieff, just gave a try. That pillar was very helpful fort touching and balancing handstand.

• Upvote 1

Colin Macdonald

That's fantastic! Though the kipping sit ups that guy is doing in the background are almost as awesome.  :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

George Launchbury

That's fantastic! Though the kipping sit ups that guy is doing in the background are almost as awesome.  :facepalm:

Took me three attempts to keep my eyes fully on the HS/bench press. Were the soles of his feet together and knees out to prevent assistance from his hip flexors? Wouldn't want to cheat !? :)

I think you may have actually outdone Walters/Shieff here.  It looks to me in their video that Shieff actually has his feet wrapped around an I-beam that runs across the low ceiling.  I think he was pulling up with his legs.

Colin Macdonald

Took me three attempts to keep my eyes fully on the HS/bench press. Were the soles of his feet together and knees out to prevent assistance from his hip flexors? Wouldn't want to cheat !? :)

If you look closely he actually lifts his ass up at the top and then thrusts with his hips as he comes up.   :lol: This is actually how I imagine most people who think that body weight exercises are "pointless". Just going through the motions any way possible without any though of muscle tension.