This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which training schedule is suited for medium recovery people?

Started by CJM1, March 18, 2013 · 10 Replies · 317 Views

CJM1

Hi.

Firstly, sorry but i'm not negative,

so I have confusion about which Coach says training schedule is suited for people who have medium

recovery especially if i use F1 and H1 integrated training schedule.

Coach says in F1 and H1,

"When beginning GST the majority of people will find a four days / week training schedule the most effective.."

and,

Coach says, When training H1, 3 days training is for medium recovery people.

But, If i use 3 days HS training integrated with F1(F7), I will train 6 days / week.

So, I am confused..

If I use integrated training schedule, 6 days / week training is average schedule for medium recovery people?

Also, I know it is important to know my own recovery level, and just to do it.

But I just wonder which Coach says training schedule is average for medium recovery.

Cannister

You will be training completely different things on these days.  The necessary recovery time for F1 is very much separate from recovery time for H1.  For example after working on Arch holds your lower back will need to recover - in the mean time you can strengthen your wrists and work on shoulder flexion in HS while allowing your lower back to recover.

 

I'm doing both right now and (at least for the moment) H1 days are a nice light active recovery day for me.

CJM1

Thanks for reply Cannister :)

But i have some questions.

So you mean 3days HS integrated schedule(6days /week) is average?

And i want to know what is your training schedule and what is your recovery level.

Cannister

CJM1 - don't think of it as "average" or not - think about it as what works for you and what doesn't.

 

My schedule is F7 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, H1 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  I've completely 2 weeks on this schedule and I feel like I can recover - but if it ever becomes too much for me to recover from I'd scale back to less work.  That's all!

 

This thread has some discussion about F1 and H1 combined scheduling.  Or simply give one of the protocols that are described in H1 a try and see how it feels to you.  There's no way anyone but you can determine if you need more or less recovery time.

Jon Douglas

I'm doing the same schedule, and I feel fine. I would go so far as to say I feel fantastic and I'm always ready for my next session.

 

There's no reason you couldn't split it up if you felt like it, or ramp up the volume over the course of a few weeks.

CJM1

I see.

I am using the same schedule as yours.

If i feel some discomfort(not pain but just light discomfort in forearm or shoulder),

decreasing my schedule volume is better?

I feel no pain or no discomfort during my workout, and i think my current training schedule goes well.(12 weeks training cycle goes well and i feel like i can recover)

But i just feel some light discomfort in my shoulder or forearm after workout.

Is this discomfort acceptable?

What do you think about it?

Cannister

Sorry - I'm not a doctor nor do I have any idea how much discomfort you are in.  It is your body and you need to determine what level of discomfort is acceptable.  If you are unsure see your doctor.

CJM1

Okay, it seems like only time and experience will help me about discomfort problem..

Thanks Cannister and Charm :)

ausswe

Maybe people will say I'm doing to much but personally I am doing all of f1 3 times a week and h1 every day. The h1 pe1 is so easy It's more like a warm up to my warm up than anything else an the wrist stuff I think should be done everyday it has really done me wonders so far. I always had wrist issues but after doing h1 every day they are getting really strong really fast! So nice. F1 despite being pretty easy exercises can be taxing though but I prefer this split than the 5 day seeing as I get more work done on te exercises and if there are times I can't make it to the gym well I only do 3 days a week so it shouldn't be problem to make that. I actually got distracted for an hour while writing this so I forgot my point... Haha hopefully I said it at some point already! Just do what you think is okay and after a week or 2 if you are feeling too tired all the time or you are not getting stronger then do less. If you feel like you have a lot of energy for you workouts maybe try increase a little bit and if that doesn't feel good go back to what you were doing probably take a few weeks to figure out what is good for you but it won't be wasted time as you will still be training!

Jon Douglas

No one's saying you can't do more, or less for that matter, as long as you are progressing~

 

 

CJM1 said:

Okay, it seems like only time and experience will help me about discomfort problem..

Thanks Cannister and Charm :)

The wrist pushups and stretches in H1 can take some time to get used to. If that's what you are referring to, just be cautious with them, and don't be afraid to over-prepare on a given level before moving on.

Klaudius Petrulis

I do H1 stuff on F1 Days 1/3/5

Was thinking of adding another day. At my level it's a pretty quick workout.