This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 or F4/3 with H1

Started by Murray Truelove, March 6, 2013 · 8 Replies · 564 Views

Murray Truelove

I know there already a lot of threads about this but I'm still not sure which is best so it would be great to hear the different pro/cons of each schedule. My goals are HS and hand balancing orientated (others really want to get a full planche) but I don't want to hamstring my F1 work. 

 

Initially I wanted to do:

Mon: HS1
Tue: F1 (7)
Wed: HS1

Thu: F1 (7)

Fri: HS1
Sat: Climbing (F1 (7) on days I don't go)
Sun: Rest

 

Though I've read a lot of people are embedding HS1 so would something like this work better:

Mon: HS1 + F1 (4)

Tue: HS1 + F1 (3) 
Wed: Rest (or maybe HS1?!)

Thu: HS1 + F1 (4)

Fri:  HS1 + F1 (3) 
Sat: Climbing (or HS1)
Sun: Rest

 

I'm starting at the very beginning for both F1 and HS1 and not sure which schedule is best.

 

Thanks for any feedback. 

FredInChina

I think that in this instance, it is whatever works best for you :)

***** We are going to run into nomenclature problems at the end of the month when F2, F3, and F4 come out if we start calling F1 split days F3 & F4. *****

Murray Truelove

Cheers FIC, so long as it doesn't look like I'm neglecting anything. I'll probably do a F1(7) and H1 split but I can see how it goes. You're right about nomenclature, I'll edit and put the days in brackets.  

Sven Ravnstag

I've found the 6 day split (F7X3 + HX3) works pretty well.  Granted, I've only been at it a week, and I'll probably need a cycle to say for sure, but I've been enjoying it so far.

 

F7 feels more like workout than the regular foundation template, but if you don't dawdle between exercises it still finishes up fairly quickly.  

 

HS days are somewhat easier physically; kind of a rest and skill development day.  I don't know that I'd want to mix F7 and HS on a single day (though I haven't tried it); as it is I enjoy the change in tempo from day to day and I think it lets one focus on the different types of training.

Murray Truelove

That's exactly what I was thinking Steve. I like variety and focused training which is why I'll split them up. I'm just wondering now whether to guarantee 3 days of F1 or H1 as on Saturday I often go climbing;

 

 

Mon: F1(7)                   Mon: H1    

Tue: H1                     Tue: F1(7)

Wed: F1(7)      or         Wed: H1

Thur: H1                    Thu: F1(7)
Fri: F1(7)                     Fri: H1
Sat: H1 or Climbing   Sat: F1(7) or climbing

 

I climb for about 2 hours and it certainly feels more like strength training than skill training. 

Cannister

Yep I've been doing MWF F7 and T/Th(/optional Saturday) H1) for a week now.  Liking it.  We'll see how I hold up - this month is a lot of volume leading up to 5x60s/r on a lot of PEs, so the third week of the month will be the true test.

 

I haven't done my last of the three F7s yet but I'm ready for it.  I agree that the F7 days feel like a workout compared to doing 4 or 3 of the exercises.

Coach Sommer

- The abbreviation for Handstand One is H1; not HS1.

 

- I have gone through and I believe edited most of the incorrect references.  In the future, everyone please use H1.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Murray Truelove

Sorry Coach, noted for future.

Sven Ravnstag

I think you could probably do H1 along with the climbing, but perhaps you could schedule the H1 practice prior to the climbing?  I imagine you could also make the third H1 day optional, resting when/if you think it's necessary.  

That's exactly what I was thinking Steve. I like variety and focused training which is why I'll split them up. I'm just wondering now whether to guarantee 3 days of F1 or H1 as on Saturday I often go climbing;

 

 

Mon: F1(7)                   Mon: H1    

Tue: H1                     Tue: F1(7)

Wed: F1(7)      or         Wed: H1

Thur: H1                    Thu: F1(7)
Fri: F1(7)                     Fri: H1
Sat: H1 or Climbing   Sat: F1(7) or climbing

 

I climb for about 2 hours and it certainly feels more like strength training than skill training. 

 

Personally, I'm inclined to want a set schedule for sure, largely because exercise is very important to me.  However, I've found that sometimes you just have to experiment to encompass all of the unpredictable, real-life factors that influence what your optimal plan is.