This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090109

Started by Coach Sommer, January 9, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,126 Views

Coach Sommer

YS8ol0rx1m8

Complete four rounds:

30-60 seconds Swinging Dips

20' L-sit Walks

Finish with 10 Wrist Pushups

notes

Go directly from the Swinging Dips to the L-sit Walks.

You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Click on the exercise names to be taken to an essay and video demonstration of that movement.

Nobodystopsdblob

WOD

Complete four rounds:

30-60 seconds Swinging Dips

I did for reps instead of time on rings. 5 reps 5 5 2... all ugly

20' L-sit Walks

Did L sits on rings for time 10sec/10sec x 4

Finish with 10 Wrist Pushups

off knees

Neal Winkler

Yeah, I couldn't do the l-sit walks even one inch.

I had to use the rings for the swings, and surprisingly they weren't as ugly as I thought they would be. I just couldn't keep a straight body on the back swing, and I had to take an extra forward leg swing before the descent.

Blairbob

I have played with swinging ring dips as a way to sort of cycle dips faster in CrossFit WOD's. They are interesting but it's more of a way to cycle dips faster than get a big swing like PB swinging dips.

For L-sit walks, I have the boys do something called butt scoots on floor. Sit in L, reach forward or backward lifting through L till they fall. Reach again, move more till distance is completed. Kind of like Lsit walks 101.

They can be a bit easier if you use parallettes to walk with in support or we can do these sideways on beam or down parallel bars.

Luke Leaman

Coach...

What kind of sadist are you??? I thought my triceps were going to explode on the swinging dips and I could barely get into an l-sit because of it. I am starting to believe that you have a sick obsession with causing others pain lol.

:D

Coach Sommer

LukeLeaman,

Your comments are eerily similiar to those of my own athletes 8).

Think of it as accelerated evolution; those who make an honest consistent effort to adapt and survive will ultimately be the ones who enjoy the most success.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer