Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone training in Sydney, aus

James Hall

Hi guys,

I'm still new to the gb system and am looking to try training with someone. I live in Sydney and train at the university of Sydney. Looking forward to hearing from you, sydney siders.

You can also contact me through Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/james.hall.73594479

I forgot to mention that I'm following both f1 and h1 and prefer training with someone following these program's

Cheers

Julien Le Nestour

I'm actually in Sydney but I'm working out from home and not at regular hours each day :-( If I can help in any other way though, just let me know :-)

Gavin Strelitz

Yes, I am in Sydney.

Are you training in the gym or at the gymnastics club? I unfortuantely can't make the crazy time schedule that Sydney Uni gymnastic club has. I have to work for a living, and that generally involves a 9-6pm schedule. :)

Hi James 

I am in Sydney. Train either at home or at my gymnastics club in miranda. I know there is another guy in Sydney as well. Maybe a group training session could be organised.

Regards

Adrien

Thanks for the replies folks.

Gavin, I just started training with the usyd gymnastics but I generally train at the regular uni gym as I did before I got into this style of training. I reckon having a like minded network in Sydney could be useful

Group training would be great longer term. Are any of you guys following f1 and/or h1?

Gavin Strelitz

Yep I am H1 + F1. I train at Fitness First for the time being.

Does the Syd Uni gym (not gymnastic club) have ropes and stall bars?

Yep F1 and H1 as well, though its based off the November seminar so some things might be different here or there. 

I also train up in North Sydney once or twice a week. 

Are there casual visit options for Sydney Uni gymnastics on the weekend? Would be a good place to train as a group if so.

At this stage training at the weights gym only. It doesn't have stall bars or ropes but pull-up bars a plenty Gavin. I'm going to join usyd gymnastics but it I only open weekdays 7-9 am and 3-6 pm not weekends adrienl. It's a shame as the club charges $135 a year for both facilities and classes 3x week. What are the facilities you guys (GavinS/adrienl) use like? Also where are you up to in f1/h1. Group training would definitely keep us honest :)

My place at North Sydney has stall bars and some basic gymnastic equipment upstairs but I am working on using that stuff myself so it would be unlikely that I could organise anything in the near term.

The miranda place is a fully decked out gym with all the trimmings. They have adult classes on Tuesday and Wednesday night but no open floor sessions as far as I can tell. It might be possible to hire the gym but no idea on costs.

Craig Mallett

If any of you guys are down in canberra I'm always interested in training with others!

Gavin Strelitz

The fitness first in Bond st (city) has a rope I can use and a cage that I can use to pretty much simulate stall bars. It's about as good as I can get without buying/making some myself.

I wanted to join the USyd gymnastics club but the hours are impossible for me.

Craig I could be in Canberra in the next few months. Ill let you know. I have free membership at the uni and haven't tried the gymnastics set up and classes yet so ill keep you posted. I haven't used one before.

How's your progress with h1/f1? I'm seeing great gains particularly in hollow body and planks

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Aldersley

Hey, another member from Sydney.

I study at the USyd Health Science campus in Lidcombe. A few of us train on rings a couple times a week outside the gym.

Would be cool to get some group thing going where we meet up every now and then to check progress, get ideas/feedback from each other etc. The gymnasium at Olympic Park allows group bookings for pretty cheap ($4.50pp for an hour, min $22.50/hour)

http://www.sports-centre.com.au/programs_and_activities/casual_sport_hire/gymnastics_centre_hire