Is there a reason why you're not doing the workout specified in H1 or F1?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
F7 exercise order
Started by Murray Truelove, March 2, 2013 · 47 Replies · 2,549 Views
I have just done my first two days splitting the combined H1&F7 workload evenly over alternate days. Really, really happy with the change. This will be sooo much nicer over the course of a week.
mtruelove said:Is there a reason why you're not doing the workout specified in H1 or F1?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... Looking at the schedules set out in 'Cycles', there are lots of workouts specified in different ways. For instance, the 3-day training cycle splits F7 over days and doesn't even synch up with a calendar week. The variety suggests to me these schedules are more suggestions rather than hard-and-fast rules. It's up the individual to decide how often/when to perform an exercise provided you 1) do each movement at least 1x/week, and not more than 3x/week, 2) have 48 hours rest between sets of any single movement.
Well, since there do happen to be three specific templates for the F1 work, and a few integration options for people doing F1 and H1, there really are specific workouts given, and before someone tries to make up their own routine it is strongly suggested that you try out the available templates. The days that are specified are examples. If you want to do sunday, tuesday, friday instead of monday, wednesday, friday then that is still a 3x per week template, and as such is still one of the given templates.
If, for whatever reason, you prefer to do F7 twice per week (or something like that), you're always free to do so. Use your results over a 6-8 week period to determine whether or not your personal plan is working for you.
Hey what exactly is F7? I heard a couple times of it but I have the feeling it just came up. Just everything in one session?
F7 (which taxonomy is imprecise, it should rather be F1(7)) is one of the schedule options where all exercises are done the same day when combining F&H series. ![]()
FredInChina said:F7 (which taxonomy is imprecise, it should rather be F1(7)) is one of the schedule options where all exercises are done the same day when combining F&H series.
Your Fredmenclature is imprecise, it's not just F1 after all.
Although every time I refer to Foundation I find myself writing F1.
Then Fx(7) it is :-)
Alright thanks
Christian said:Then Fx(7) it is :-)
I thought of indexing the F with an x, but then Fx means floor around here............ ![]()
![]()
Christian said:Then Fx(7) it is :-)
We're starting to look kind of integral in here ![]()
Integrated? An integral part of things? Unlimited? Y'know what, pick your own calculus pun here.
FredInChina said:I thought of indexing the F with an x, but then Fx means floor around here............
Yes, and that's where you'll lie gasping for breath and shaking if you put in the effort ![]()
one, two, three, floor?
But on topic (or at least closer to where it drifted to), I've been doing F1(7) two days per week (with H1 on another two days) for a few weeks just to try whether I can handle it, and because it managed to free up a couple of 'rest' days. It's been feeling okay so far, but now I'm hitting a week where it's 5 sets of just about everything, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.
If it gets too horrible, I might do what others have suggested, and do H1 on the shorter one of the F1 split days, and keep my rest days. (c:
If it helps anyone... I recently changed my Tu/Thu/Sat from FL, sPL, SL, MN - to MN, sPL, SL, FL. In other words, doing MN before FL, instead of after.
I find the later weeks of FL holds totally drain my core. When I get to MN, my core is still exhausted and my form suffers. But starting my session with MN, I am fresh to focus on good form, and then at the end of the session I can exhaust what is left of my core with FL.
Disregard. This positive experience was for a deload week. Now I'm back in the cycle. After 75 good-form tuck-ups my ability to hold bent body is cut in half.
Much better for me to start with FL and finish with MN as programmed. If I take a 5-second breather or two through the MN sets I can get through the 5 x 15r. So I'll work on phasing out these breathers until I reach mastery.
I'm not very far into the Foundation progressions yet, but I've been doing F7 three times a week and haven't had a problem getting through it. Eat raisins and drink kefir! ![]()
--
I... I think I didn't look at the dates again.
This week monday I shall officially be starting F7 and integrating it with H1. 5 days a week no excuses baby! By the way I would not recommend manipulating the order of the exercises. I recall a GB coach saying this. Stick to the order as shown in the foundation series and you will be good. One more thing to ponder. I might be wrong but when you test for a level at the seminars you have to do all the exercises in one go. F7 will prepare you well for such an event.
I'm looking forward to trying out the schedule suggested by Wheezer. I've been doing F7/H1 each 3 days per week for a while now and have found the same thing (much in the tank on H1 days and a degree of fatigue/sluggishness throughout the F7 days). I find that I can handle and enjoy the 6 days/week volume, but at this point in my conditioning it's difficult to turn out quality work on all 7 Foundation movements without at least one element suffering. I can (and have) gotten it done consistently for several weeks now but I know that a lot a least one move's quality always suffers.
I've also found that, for me, the benefit of Foundation has been less simply working hard and more fresh/focused mental effort that gradually pushes me just beyond my current strength and conditioning levels while maintaining quality movement (as judged by exercise video descriptions and little personal cues I pick up through trial and error and from the help of people on the forum).
The skill spread in this program seems to be divided into:
1) Exercises that I like but that require great effort to perform properly (MN PE1, sPL PE2)
2) Exercises that challenge me because of the high rep standard (HBP PE2, RC PE3, FL PE1)
3) Exercise that just aren't my favorite (SLS SE2)
4) Arch Body Holds.
Each of these is fun in it's own way, but as of now it's tough for me to give/get all that I can to/from these in a single go.
Steve Sisk said:I'm looking forward to trying out the schedule suggested by Wheezer. I've been doing F7/H1 each 3 days per week for a while now and have found the same thing (much in the tank on H1 days and a degree of fatigue/sluggishness throughout the F7 days). I find that I can handle and enjoy the 6 days/week volume, but at this point in my conditioning it's difficult to turn out quality work on all 7 Foundation movements without at least one element suffering. I can (and have) gotten it done consistently for several weeks now but I know that a lot a least one move's quality always suffers.
I've also found that, for me, the benefit of Foundation has been less simply working hard and more fresh/focused mental effort that gradually pushes me just beyond my current strength and conditioning levels while maintaining quality movement (as judged by exercise video descriptions and little personal cues I pick up through trial and error and from the help of people on the forum).
The skill spread in this program seems to be divided into:
1) Exercises that I like but that require great effort to perform properly (MN PE1, sPL PE2)
2) Exercises that challenge me because of the high rep standard (HBP PE2, RC PE3, FL PE1)
3) Exercise that just aren't my favorite (SLS SE2)
4) Arch Body Holds.
Each of these is fun in it's own way, but as of now it's tough for me to give/get all that I can to/from these in a single go.
Heh, I like ABH off in it's own little category.
That's because it's got an element of each in it! I enjoy it, I kind of don't like it, it's just plain hard to do, it's even harder because of the volume/time required.
Hey Guys.
Could I do H1 on my Foundation One days with FL, Straddle PL, HBP and RC 2-3 hours later after I've finished Foundation Session?
Pargie said:Hey Guys.
Could I do H1 on my Foundation One days with FL, Straddle PL, HBP and RC 2-3 hours later after I've finished Foundation Session?
Of course, you can do it right before or right after if you'd like.
gohei_ said:Of course, you can do it right before or right after if you'd like.
Thank you for fast response.
Anyway I've just purchased H1 few days ago (after 8 ball breaking hours of physical work in potato fields). I was staggered by the content of the book. This time my tiny wrists won't get hurt and time to get rid of pain in left shoulder when I internally rotate (weird jump into river).
Pargie said:(...) ball breaking hours of physical work in potato fields (...)
You are doing it wrong ![]()
![]()
FredInChina said:You are doing it wrong
