On a F7 day what order should the exercises be done? The H1 lists them in this order: FL, sPL, SL, MN, SLS, HBP, RC. Is this correct?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
F7 exercise order
Started by Murray Truelove, March 2, 2013 · 47 Replies · 2,549 Views
You have read correctly.
Perfect.
I think that's a pretty good order to stick with.
It's a good idea to space out the RC and FL work, as well as sPL and HBP.
As time goes on, you will really, REALLY appreciate the need for un-related work in the middle of those two groups ![]()
![]()
I hope someone still finds this answer useful however I stopped doing F1(7) as it just got too long and exhausting by week 7. I was doing it 3 times a week (M/W/F) with H1 on the days in between (T/Th/S). Now I do H1/F1a (M/Th) H1/F1b (T/F), climbing Sunday and stretching Wednesday/Saturday.
Good luck to anyone doing F1(7) but it beat me.
Joshua Naterman said:
As time goes on, you will really, REALLY appreciate the need for un-related work in the middle of those two groups
Ha, not a whole lot of time went on before I thought this way.
mtruelove said:I hope someone still finds this answer useful however I stopped doing F1(7) as it just got too long and exhausting by week 7. I was doing it 3 times a week (M/W/F) with H1 on the days in between (T/Th/S). Now I do H1/F1a (M/Th) H1/F1b (T/F), climbing Sunday and stretching Wednesday/Saturday.
Good luck to anyone doing F1(7) but it beat me.
I felt the same way after trying all F7. One day in state of high fatigue I accidentally skipped the entire manna section. Maybe after building work capacity I'll be able to do it. That said during deload weeks I've done F7 once or twice. That I can manage.
I'm enjoying doing F7; it took a week or two to adjust to keeping up the pace but it happened.
When I was stuck at RC6 for quite a while (an extended static hold) I did shift that to the beginning of my Foundation session, to give it more attention while I was a little fresher. Now the order is basically split into exercises I perform at the local park (assorted bars and ladders) and inside (mostly lying on the floor or requiring more than a small weight). The walk to the park is literally across the road, so it doesn't cut into the pace much and frankly, to train in fresh air it's worth it.
f7 in one day is really rough, I don't usually do that.
I usually do FL, sPL, SL and RC on M/W/F, and SLS, MN and HBP on Tu/Th/Sa
Same here, 6 day split. Doing F7 in one session is rough as toast.
I train in the mornings so the 2 day split is more than enough for me. It was really hard to motivate myself to get up and do F1(7).
mtruelove said:I train in the mornings so the 2 day split is more than enough for me. It was really hard to motivate myself to get up and do F1(7).
This is me too, apart from the difficult part. I think it's a great way to start the day and keeps me from getting restless while working.
Charm said:This is me too, apart from the difficult part. I think it's a great way to start the day and keeps me from getting restless while working.
Don't get me wrong I practically leap out of bed for my F1a/F1b training, just F1(7) that had me hiding under the covers. Think it was because of a few PE/IM's in the middle that really made me suffer, namely; ABH, Tuck Ups (I can't get my knees to my chest) Windmills (these are tough on my shoulders and exhaust me) deck squats (I can't compress) skiers (poor ankle mobility).
mtruelove said:Don't get me wrong I practically leap out of bed for my F1a/F1b training, just F1(7) that had me hiding under the covers. Think it was because of a few PE/IM's in the middle that really made me suffer, namely; ABH, Tuck Ups (I can't get my knees to my chest) Windmills (these are tough on my shoulders and exhaust me) deck squats (I can't compress) skiers (poor ankle mobility).
Mm, I see. I admit I may have had an extra cup or coffee or so before F7 when I had to face failure sets of RC6 >.<
Happily, the cure for poor deck squats, tuck-ups and skiers is doing more of them
so take your medicine and apply time, no worries. Man I am enjoying these courses.
The only thing that's really annoying me now is that my parallel and stall bars are outside, so when spring showers come it I get limited >.< HBP and FL have been relegated to tomorrow, with a little luck on the weather...
I stay with F7(m,w,f) from beginning plus H1(t,th,s). Its hell but its for me happy hour. After this i do some more things to be in shape. Progressing almost every week. Stoked
Man all of you guys are so far along!
I'm doing F1(6) (leaving legs for alternate days) and H1 5 times a day but I'm just at the beginning so it isn't too hard yet.
It does take me an hour or 2 to get through everything though, and I imagine that time only goes up. 3x12 tripods is not the same as 5x60 tripods, let alone the further progressions. Worth it though.
I'm also driving 30 minutes to the gym and back every day to do 30-45 minutes of cardio plus stretching. Lots of hours put in.
The Giant said:Man all of you guys are so far along!
I'm doing F1(6) (leaving legs for alternate days) and H1 5 times a day but I'm just at the beginning so it isn't too hard yet.
It does take me an hour or 2 to get through everything though, and I imagine that time only goes up. 3x12 tripods is not the same as 5x60 tripods, let alone the further progressions. Worth it though.
I'm also driving 30 minutes to the gym and back every day to do 30-45 minutes of cardio plus stretching. Lots of hours put in.
How much rest are you taking between sets, and between exercises? 1-2 hours sounds high if you're on 3x12 tripods.
No rest. I have a good warmup of active stretches I do first that takes 20-30 minutes. The H1 section doesn't take that long at all. I do the H1 in the space of a few minutes. The I go through the F6 on M-W-F. Prob about an hour and 15 minutes if I'm blazing through all of them at this point.
I did the whole F7 today as opposed to the split that I usually do because of my schedule this week. Surprising things happened. My FL1 holds were garbage all of a sudden, worse than earlier in the week. I'm chalking this up to the compression in SLS1 tiring my core beforehand. But then towards the end of the session I busted through MN1 with more ease than ever before, and these were giving me a hard time just days ago. On top of that, sPL1 was ugly even though I had it mastered on Monday. A strange day for F1...
I belive that we can arrange every excersise as we wish. It's because when we know that we've mastered an excersise it's no matter that's last or after other hard kicking one. If you know that you've mastered a PE you can do it even after hard night... drunk...with low morale... With perfect form ![]()
Joshua Naterman said:f7 in one day is really rough, I don't usually do that.
I usually do FL, sPL, SL and RC on M/W/F, and SLS, MN and HBP on Tu/Th/Sa
I'm glad to hear this. Been doing F7 M/W/F and H1 Tu/Th/Sa for the past two cycles. The H1 days feel like nothing, and the F7 days feel like everything.
I'm going to start doing FL, sPL, SL & MN Tu/Th/Sa - and H1, SLS, HBP and RC M/W/F. Is this a good dispersion of movements?
wheezer said:I'm glad to hear this. Been doing F7 M/W/F and H1 Tu/Th/Sa for the past two cycles. The H1 days feel like nothing, and the F7 days feel like everything.
I'm going to start doing FL, sPL, SL & MN Tu/Th/Sa - and H1, SLS, HBP and RC M/W/F. Is this a good dispersion of movements?
This is the sort of thing I've been thinking about as the exercises get more serious in F2. 3x F7 is still working well for me now, but it may require a rethink in F3.
I was considering maybe a slightly different arrangement of H1, but the F split is solid.
Charm said:the F split is solid.
Awesome! Thanks - I'm sure my nervous system will be grateful. ![]()
wheezer said:
I'm going to start doing FL, sPL, SL & MN Tu/Th/Sa - and H1, SLS, HBP and RC M/W/F. Is this a good dispersion of movements?
This is the exact split i've been doing for a while now (with the exception of the SLS stuff- knee injury) and everything's going great ![]()
I am doing the 3 day a week F7 integrated with H1, however I spilt the F7 into morning and afternoon workouts.
In the morning I do:
Creasy said:
I am doing the 3 day a week F7 integrated with H1, however I spilt the F7 into morning and afternoon workouts.
In the morning I do:
SL/PE1MN/PE2:FL/PE2and in the afternoon:SLS/PE2sPL/PE1HPB/PE2RC/PE2Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?
Looks good to me, i've considered doing it this way myself but work gets in the way.
I'd probably put SLS or RC between sPL and HBP though, just because it might get a bit nasty doing them next to each other as you progress further