Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand One is Live

Scott Malin

Dmitry Belitsky

What about the time this course will take from start to finish? Can't find such details.

Joshua Slocum

What about the time this course will take from start to finish? Can't find such details.

There are 12 preparatory elements and 14 specific elements. Each is allocated a 12 week cycle to master.

H1 is amazing! Just scrolled through the course. If you want to learn the handstand, this is what you want to get no matter what level you are at. Very detailed with step by step. I thought that I had seen it all but NO there are exercises in there that WILL open/stretch your shoulders and perfect your alignment. All I can say is get it!

All you have to do is to follow the course and of course put in the hard work.

Daniel Shields

As expected, H1 is of superb quality. Its clear that I will be busy working through these progressions for a long time to come. To those complaining about the inconvenience of only being able to access the course online, consider how much more inconvenient it would be seek someone out in person to learn this from. Prior to the release of this course, that was your only option.

• Upvote 1

Brian Martens

Did anyone else experience a delay after purchasing in being able to access the H1 site?  I would imagine Cory is swamped right now, so I totally understand if I need to be patient, just wondering if others had also had to wait a bit.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Did anyone else experience a delay after purchasing in being able to access the H1 site?  I would imagine Cory is swamped right now, so I totally understand if I need to be patient, just wondering if others had also had to wait a bit.

Nah, it took no time, the delivery of the link and login is automated this time.

Have you checked the e-mail address you used to register to the forum? Spambox and all? :)

FREDERIC DUPONT

I was referring to the pre-purchased Foundation materials, not that it really matters anymore...

I know, nothing personal ;)

You are correct, it is what it is; look at the upside :)

Indeep Jawanda

- Yes, the format of the Foundation Series will be changing as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Does this mean that their release date will be bumped further back or is it still in the next week or two (early March)?

Brian Martens

Nah, it took no time, the delivery of the link and login is automated this time.

Have you checked the e-mail address you used to register to the forum? Spambox and all? :)

It was some kind of technical issue; Cory fixed it on his end.  Good to go, the course looks excellent.

Markus Klein

H1 is absolutely outstanding and more than worth the money. Many, many thanks to Coach, Cory and the hole team.

F1 works perfect on my iPad and iPhone so it is really dissapointing that the courses take such a step back with the online only format.

Thanks to all the users of shitty Android.

• Upvote 2

Scott Malin

H1 is absolutely outstanding and more than worth the money. Many, many thanks to Coach, Cory and the hole team.

F1 works perfect on my iPad and iPhone so it is really dissapointing that the courses take such a step back with the online only format.

Android users are not at all to blame, there were many other issues going on from a development standpoint.

Take it easy buddy. This is a gymnastics forum, not the Engadget comments section :P
  • Upvote 4

Guest jjk910

Man, After reading all this you would imagine you have politico parties extraordinaire....

I can understand the frustrations associated with the development of "products" or "courses" or however you should choose to refer to them. I think that alot of the push back is coming from those of us who had purchased BtGB and it represented alot of great material that was said that is was going to be accompanied by "volumes" for reference. 

I understand the "ship has sailed" on the prior versions that would be available offline, however has there been any thought on those that had bought the book and expected more books to come, and then the dreaded epub of F1 with more expectations of epubs to come. I am not upset that the format is changing as from BtGB to F1 I feel was a real downgrade, just do to all the technical issues experienced with trying to access the epub through a computer.

But as FredInChina said "look at the upside" we are getting a whole bunch of fantastic material that we are getting access to that will build us if followed correctly. I don't exactly think refunding is quite the answer. In my opinion, I think the main reason everyone is bitter is solely for the fact of misrepresentation, delays or missed deadlines/long waits between product releases, and additional materials people have to buy in order to get to their goals or what BtGB was enticingly promising. 

So to sum it up,

-Everyone griping......STOP...the complaints are heard and this is the change in direction that they have decided to take. With any company  direction changes are going to happen...Visions are windy roads to get there. And the material offered is more thorough than you get elsewhere so if this isn't what you are looking for than go elsewhere.

-Coach and the team, I also am a little frustrated with all the changes and feel that to get what BtGB originally was referring to is now going to cost me more and more everytime your direction changes. Again this isn't a nastygram but making promises or getting us to buy in on something without the infrastructure set up will lead to disgruntled customers and feeling like we were bamboozled. This will all blow over, once a consistent and clear line is developed. With so many changes in such a short time and with the amount of time and energy spent on developing them I could imagine the effort to keep level heads here. 

-As far as the Offline content, many are requesting it, I don't know if it is possible or already exist, put in a print function that would be able to print the element people are working on to be able to see a couple of the pictures with the description on how to do it, kind of like a flash card. I agree the online portion should only need to be used for the first week or two, but I like other people I am sure will have a brain fart when I am not around the computer and forget what the exercise is or how to do it. When I was weight lifting and I would start a new workout I would go to a site like bodybuilding.com and watch the video to learn the form, then, when I would be at the gym I would have a quick reference card so I could associate the name with the equipment/technique I needed if I had forgotten (sometimes this would happen to me on like week 4), and lastly I would have a printout just with all the exercise names so I could record my progress over my 4 to 6 week periodization. That was the appeal of the book, and that is the main area in which F1 I felt missed the mark.

And for all of those who are going to read this and go on the defensive/offensive....skip the drama...these were my observations and suggestions not meant to offend anyone or anything, I was just speaking honestly and as I would only want to be productive in the development of which I feel is awesome materials and them to be more user friendly so that we as the masses can build ourselves without injury.

• Upvote 1

Coach Sommer

- I certainly understand everyone's concerns and appreciate the viewpoints shared.

- First and foremost it is important to understand that the limitation of a "printed book" does not allow the presentation of the necessary material in my preferred manner.  In the final review a printed book is merely a tool to convey information; it this instance it just so happens that that particular tool is not the most effective.  

If a single picture is worth a thousand words, how much more are 80+ embedded videos worth?

- Also the various platform creators (apple, windows, android etc) are all short sighted and refuse to follow a single format that will work across multiple platforms.  They give lip service to the ideal, but their implementation falls far short of what is needed.  Cory was spending entirely too much time designing multiple (approx 7 versions) to play on all the different devices and platforms.  I finally said enough is enough.  

There will now be only one version; the online version.

- If the world were a more honest place ... then other options could be implemented.  However the world being what it is, the current online version is the best compromise between customer usability and product security.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4

Scott Malin

Keep in mind that the workout schedule generator is under development due to wide demand. I am not releasing details yet, but it will solve a number of problems in one go without compromising the course itself.

Guest jjk910

Now that is what I am talking about...and eventually with the workout scheduler up, those of us needed reminders, due to the technical vocabulary associated with these products will have it...

Consistency, Quality, and dedication...

Ahhhh....the light at the end of the tunnel....

Jon Douglas

Completely aside, the H1 workouts are time-efficient and *fun*. I have to keep myself from doing them daily, but some of those stretches aren't to be shrugged off quickly.

EDIT- 'Workouts' wrong word. It's definitely skill practise, ingraining it into your head one aspect at a time.

Andrew Long

Hey cory do you think the scheduler will be ready by the end of march? Because in April I won't have Internet access more than once a month for most of the rest of the year. I guess the shedualer will solve that problem of no Internet for me though. :).

P.s. completely overwhelmed by the amount of amazing material coming from GB. Really something else!

Joshua Naterman

H1 is excellent, I am really liking it! There is so much more there than I expected...

Philip Chubb

All I know is that while everyone is arguing here about how the product is online, I have been using H1 with GREAT RESULTS! The body line drills have got my bodyline getting straighter by the day and the mobility has helped relieve my earlier years of bench press syndrome. I wasn't sure about this product at first but it really is worth every penny. Most likely way more. Don't worry about the format. Just buy it and start training. When you see how your handstands improve, you'll forget about the issues you had with the format.

Also, the online part makes it even better in a way due to the videos. The pictures are okay but it is sometimes hard to look at three pictures and know what to do. Seeing someone do it in real time however makes a HUGE difference.

Once again, don't worry, just do it and get to it. You'll be happy you did!

Lastly, thank you to Coach, Cory, and the rest of the team for such a great product. You all did a great job and outdid yourself. 10 out of 10. (Actually I am not sure if gymnastics still gets scored on a ten point system...)

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) I have been using H1 with GREAT RESULTS! The body line drills have got my bodyline getting straighter by the day and the mobility has helped relieve my earlier years of bench press syndrome. (...)

Great results already, really?

YEARS of bench press corrected In 4 days?

This is properly amazing! :icon_twisted:

Philip Chubb

Great results already, really?

YEARS of bench press corrected In 4 days?

This is properly amazing! :icon_twisted:

Notice I said "helped relieve my earlier years". Haha it isn't magical pills but it is really working! For example some of the active stretches have worked perfectly with the passive flexibility I had built up but never taken advantage of. Also keep in mind, I do this for 6-8 hours a day. The volume I use is way higher.

You enjoy teasing a lot don't you? :P Haha

• Upvote 3

Robert Del Popolo

Could it be possible to have some sort of discount upon having bought the foundation courses?

Thanks

Joshua Naterman

Yea, those first few mobility drills are really good for people with shoulder issues... I was surprised with how I felt my scapula move, it was pretty nice. Exactly what I was trying to get to happen, but couldn't quite get on my own.

I actually was doing a variation of that for a while, but not how it was shown, and changing to Coach's form has helped. It's nice to feel things work correctly :)

Alex really said it nicely... HS1 is shockingly good. Seriously.