Is this routine alright?

Started by SuperBru, February 28, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,307 Views

SuperBru

Hi all,

 

I have created my own 5 day split routine. I have 3 months weightlifting experience and have been performing this routine for about a month now. I perform 3x8 for each exercise. I would just like any feedback if you don't mind. This is it:

 

Monday(press)-pike push ups/knuckle push ups/PB dips/decline push ups/diamond push ups

Tuesday(legs)-Bulgarian squat/romanian deadlift/pistol squat/side lunges

Wednesday(abdominals)-bicycle kick/side v-ups/jack knifes/flutter kicks

Thursday(pull)-close grip chin ups/regular pull ups/regular chin ups/wide grip pull ups

Friday(isometric holds)-L-sit PB tuck/frog stand/straddle L PB bent/plank

 

Please note that all exercises are 100% bodyweight orientated.

 

 

Hernandez C

You are missing some horizontal pulling, and handstand work, why not try horizontal pull/press one day, legs/core the other and vertical pull/press, or even better, try to get Foundation 1?

SuperBru

Hi Hernandez C,

 

Thanks for the feedback! You see I am a total beginner to gymnastics. Im trying to build up to a handstand push up. Im doing pike push ups to build up to handstands by increasing the height of my legs. I will try to implement your suggestions in my split. Foundation 1 seems solid. Have you tried it? I just bought BtGB and the xtreme rings. Going to build fundamental strength using Isometric holds and then progress further. One more thing, is it okay to mix push and pull on the same day?