This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Atlanta Meetup

Started by Daniel Burnham, February 28, 2013 · 45 Replies · 4,598 Views

Randeep Walia

Hey GBers- I'm back in Atlanta once a month and always training Foundation at a Gymnastics facility I have access to. If you ever want to join just shoot me a PM

Charles Barry

Whoa.  Looks like I'm late to the party to this meet up by like 3.5 years.  However, if any of y'all are looking to revive this, I'd be down for a meet up every once and a while.  FYI: I'm pretty green.  Just started F1, but I dig it.  I'm in Brookhaven, but that SEGA up in Alphy seems doable. 

Randeep Walia

Hey Charles,

I'll let you know next time I am back in town.

Daniel Burnham

I'm moving back to Atlanta in a few weeks. I'll try and set some events up at a few gyms. 

Jason Neff

I am very green as well (f1 like Charles) but would be interested in meeting up if something gets put together!

Randeep Walia

Hey what's up everybody. I am in town for a few days and will be training GST this weekend. I wanted to see if people were interested in meeting Saturday. I like to train at SEGA in Alpharetta where there are parallel bars and rings and "elements" of stall bars, but if there is another possible location I am up for that as well.

Charles Barry

Hey Randeep,

I can met Saturday.  It looks like SEGA is open 1-6 p.m.  What time were you thinking? 

Charlie

Randeep Walia
12 hours ago, Charles Barry said:

Hey Randeep,

I can met Saturday.  It looks like SEGA is open 1-6 p.m.  What time were you thinking? 

Charlie

Awesome, I think 1pm should work, but I can probably get us in earlier. I'll pm you my contact information. 

Randeep Walia

FYI to the group: we're on for 1PM at SEGA.

Jonathan Horowitz

Fellow Atlantan here. I have not been very consistent with my GB training over the past few years but I'm a few weeks into a consistent stretch practice and will ramp up on F1/H1 again soon. I'm closing on a house in Marietta in a few weeks and have negotiated a section of the garage to be dedicated to a home gymnastics setup (for now just stall bars, floor mat, and wall mat - yeah I'm that green). 

I would be interested in a meetup again sometime in the coming months. 

@Daniel Burnham good to know you are headed back to Atl!

Tyler Mayer

 Any one still using this thread to meet up around ATL? I live in Morganton n dying to train with some people! N I have access to a former cros$#it / Bjj gym in Ballground 

Charles Barry

Hey Jon and Tyler.  I'd be down for a meet-up.  I'm in Brookhaven just inside the perimeter.  I met up with Randeep a few weeks ago at SEGA in Alpharetta.  It has a bunch of stuff; however, most of what I'm doing doesn't require a bunch of equipment.  I would like to give stall bars a try as I have never seen a set in real life.  SEGA has what basically amounts to a ladder bolted to a wall, which is sufficient for most of what Randeep and I did that day.   Are y'all aware of any other gymnastic gyms in the metro area? 

Randeep Walia

Hey guys, I will be back in Atlanta and training at Sega. Dates TBD but definitely Saturday morning. Let me know if you are interested in training 

Elison Aurellado
2 hours ago, Randeep Walia said:

Hey guys, I will be back in Atlanta and training at Sega. Dates TBD but definitely Saturday morning. Let me know if you are interested in training 

I just got started with the new GST format for Foundation 1.  I'm in the Alpharetta neighborhood. Would definitely like to meetup, although I am probably the least advanced among all of you.

Evan Hall

Hey y'all I just got this but I have access to a yoga studio downtown off Edgewood so hit me if anyone wants to link up n workkkkkkk

Brian Whitmer

Just curious if this group still meets up regularly. I'm currently working through H1 and F2 (maybe some F3 and a little bit of rings work). I've never worked out with professional equipment before, and would love to meet up. I'm either in Midtown or Gainesville depending on the day of the week.

Jonathan Bentley

I live in the Alpharetta area, between exit 7-12 off HWY 400. Would love to meetup with a group if there is one.

Bryan Wheelock

I'm nursing a rib and wrist injury from BJJ but would like to meet up in a month when it heals.

I have rope, parallel bars, rings, barbells and kettlebells. 

Brian Whitmer

I'm still down for a meetup after the holidays, too. But I'm not the best one to organize. Never been to Sega before. 

Randeep Walia

Hey guys- I'm back in town for a few days and am free to meet up. I will probably be training at SEGA this weekend but I also do quite a bit of handstand training lately. Let me know if you guys are in for a meetup. 

Jeff Watkins

I'm 4 hours away but I'd definitely be interested in coming down for a meetup! I'm currently working my way through F1 and H1.