This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Atlanta Meetup

Started by Daniel Burnham, February 28, 2013 · 45 Replies · 4,598 Views

Daniel Burnham

So I know there are several people living in the Atlanta Georgia area around me.  Because I like to meet people and it is always nice to get feedback from other people who are doing the same as you, I'd like to arrange a meet-up.

 

If there are enough people I'll try to ask some favors and get a gymnastic gym to let us in.  Otherwise we can find a nice park  :) .

 

Anyway if you are interested drop a line here.  Im thinking some saturday in March.  Though not this saturday because I need to watch the American Cup.

Daniel Shields

I'm in the Atlanta area. I think a GB meetup sounds like a lot of fun.

Joshua Naterman

Me too!

Keilani Gutierrez

maaaaaaan, that sounds like so much fun to be had!

Ian G Myers

I'd be in.

Joshua Naterman

It will be awesome :)

Daniel Burnham

I will try to find a gym for tentatively march 9. Let me know by PM if that works for you guys. I'm thinking we could go to SEGA gymnastic facility in Alpharetta. They have an open gym on Saturday for a fairly cheap cost. I'll also look into other gyms in the area. Let me know if you know of one!

grmac

I'm interested too! Great idea.  If we can't find a gymnastics-centric place, the climbing gym I train at least has a set of rings, lots of floor space, walls, parallelettes, and a few other goodies.

Daniel Burnham

So Ive had 3 other people confirm so far.  I still think SEGA is a good way to go.  That will give us about 2 hours to hang out.  I would like to go to a gymnastic gym for things like parallel bars and dream machines.  If you haven't confirmed please PM me or just leave a message on this thread!  So far it is me, Daniel Sheilds, Grmac, and Josh.  A pretty good group!  

 

Plenty of cool stuff to learn and a good way to get form checked out by other members.  Though I must say none of us are GB certified so this is unofficial.

Ian G Myers

I'll definitely go!

Joshua Naterman

Hell yea! This is going to be awesome! SEGA sounds good to me.

IcedDante

SEGA has their open gym Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday open gym is relatively new... and awesome! in terms of it not being too crowded but bringing in some really talented people. The only downside is that our ring setup is really weak (I'm trying to get them to change this). I think it starts around 7pm.

Daniel Burnham

Icedante. Awesome I only knew about the Saturday one. Unfortunately I can't make it except for sat or sun due to practice with my own club the other days of the week.

IcedDante

Saturday or Sunday works for me. Actually Saturday is much better because Sundays have been real zoos lately with all the Circus kids and Parkour people showing up that day.

Daniel Burnham

Ok. So open gym starts at 1 on Saturday and goes until 5. I will be getting there at 2 so we can plan for then. It costs 10 dollars to get in. We have about 6 people going plus a few of my friends so that's a decent crowd.

See you guys there. Again the place is called sega.

Daniel Burnham

Ok I'm here for anyone comin late I'm in a black kenwood gymnastics shirt.

IcedDante

Ah, I wish I could have made it. Our instructor was busy and I had to substitute teach Capoeira that day. How was it? Look forward to the next one!

Daniel Shields

Its too bad we didn't have a better turn out, but I had a great time. Thank you to Daniel Burnham and Joshua Naterman for all the helpful tips. Getting to see Daniel's teammate in action was also a real treat. I've never gotten to seen feats like that in person. Hopefully we can try a meetup again in the future and get a better turn out.

Mac28024

Hey everyone,

I ran across this post and am wondering if there are plans to maybe do this again in the near future. I live in Forsyth, GA (about 1 - 1.5 hours south of Alpharetta) and would love to meet up with some more experienced people and learn more. Just as a background on myself, I've taken a few gymnastics/parkour classes locally, but the classes weren't too structured so I've been working at it alone. I bought and started H1 and F1 last week, and will be working diligently on them to improve and get stronger.

Please let me know if this is a possibility. Thanks!

bigB

Anyone interested in a meetup?

 

I think Daniel is back in town. 
 

We could meet at SEGA.

Daniel Burnham

I am back in town! Unfortunately I am busy until my graduation in mid December.

mhodges

I know this is an ancient thread, but i'm just now seeing it and sad that I missed out on an atlanta meet up. If anyone is still in the Atlanta area and looking to meet up, i'm interested.

bigB

I live in VA Highlands, where do you reside?

mhodges
bigB said:

I live in VA Highlands, where do you reside?

I live in the Candler-McAfee area between Glenwood and I-20