This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

More F1 (actually, Fx) doubts

Started by Iguanus, February 24, 2013 · 5 Replies · 509 Views

Iguanus

Hi there, folks! I do have some doubts regarding the execution and guide lines of some exercises.

 

1) While doing F1 work (I'm on 3rd week of PE1 for everything but push-ups - PE2), with which frequency should I keep L-Sit and Handstand work? Also, in which days should I train them?

2) When performing exercises like Hollow Body Hold, should I actively pull the stomach in? It seems to add quite some intensity for me if I do it.

3) What are the signs of mastery for Xiaopeng (forward)? And what about Swivel hips?

4) Since F1 has an 18 month minimum duration (for the ones that, like me, started at the very beginning), I'd like to know (out of curiosity) if the other Fs are gonna have similar extension programs. If it is, I must say that 6 years really don't seem a long way for gettting someone out of shape and putting it all the way to a Manna!

 

Thanks a lot!

Adriano Augusto

I'll aswer you with what I know.

 

1) L-sit will appear eventually on Foundation Work, but if you're practicing them for a while. a normal frequency of 2-3 days it is fine. HS work can be done daily if you want because of it is a skill.

 

2) Yes. Stomach in = more flat back at floor, so great.

 

3) For Xiaopeng I guess that full ROM of shoulders, same tempo and control of the weight. About swivel hips, hit for the same ROM like the atlethe with your butt glued on the floor

 

4) I guess so, but don't know for sure.

Iguanus

Thanks, Adriano =) I was training L-Sits 4-5 days a week, but that's probably overkill. I'll keep it down.

 

As for the Swivels, I don't quite get what does the butt to the floor means. In the video, the atlethe suspends the butt cheek opposed to the side his turning his legs to. Therefore, butt to the floor means just not to loose contact?

Jon Douglas

For hollow hold, the cue for me is 'push lower back flat into floor'. It's not a 'suck stomach in,' it's a 'brace and tight hold.' Sucking your stomach in will not keep you flat in a FL

 

Make sure you keep the rotation of the torso in Xiaopeng, it really improves the shoulder stretch. I love this stretch :)

 

 

Also, from what I can see, you'll probably find that buildng up to mastery on the lower steps will make some of higher ones easy-- I think it's more likely that being over-cautious at the beginning will result in being able to move faster through elements mid- to long-term.

 

 

The last word on handstand basics is due out anytime now. No issue with training Lsit a few times a week, but it'll appear in either sPL or Mn progressions at some point, so don't regard it as too pressing unless you want to prepare for it early.

Iguanus

Thanks for the input, guys. I guess I'll just record myself doing them to get some more feedback. I have some more doubts, but I'll address them when the video is online =)