This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression and evaluation of PE exercises

Started by Julian Wilson, February 20, 2013 · 1 Replies · 251 Views

Julian Wilson

Probably a stupid question: how often should I evaluate my mastery in a particular exercise? I guess that after 12 weeks, a PE should be achieved and I can move on to the next one.

 

I do understand that once mastery has been achieved, you move on to the next PE.

 

Thanks

Joshua Slocum
Zach Armijo said:

Your evaluation of your mastery is once you have completed the 12 weeks cycle and are capable of doing so.

If you've completed a 12 week cycle successfully, you will by definition have already demonstrated mastery (or a lack thereof): week 11 is performed at a mastery level. So if you complete week 11 successfully, that's a demonstration of mastery. There's no need to go back and do it again: after you finish the deload weak (12), you should move on to the next exercise. 

 

You should test your mastery whenever:

 

- You're moving on to a new level

- You think you already have a high degree of strength and mobility for the exercises performed in the next level

 

Here's how to determine what to do based on how your mastery test goes: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10120-question-on-cycles-and-deloading/?p=97480