This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 (straddle-up) question

Started by Cannister, February 20, 2013 · 53 Replies · 7,432 Views

Jacob Morsbøl
Coach Sommer said:

In your instance, it is not strength which is holding you back; but mobility.  The advice you have been given is correct.  Go back to the Week 1 and focus on seriously improving the quality of the iM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I've been doing this exercise for the first micro cycle starting on week 1. However I'm not able to do the straddle up with full ROM. I'm certain that this is an issue of less mobility rather than less strength.

 

My question is then whether i should repeat this micro cycle until I get full ROM or I should advance to next micro cycle and keep focusing on the im?

Jon Douglas
Erik L said:

The title of this thread, and the first video of OP strutting his stuff. Oh, the familiarity. When doing this exercise in week 11, I feel like a beetle on it's back. Now I know what to do: drag my ass back to week 1.

The bonus in this thread is the humorous answers, and the fact that you guys were struggling this two years ago :)

The only way out is through ;)

Its as simple as, if you don't fix this issue now, you have bigger problems than going ahead for a manna right now. Sort this out, and progress will be steady (until the next issue crops up).

Volume on basics, guys. Volume on basics :)

PAUL DALY

i too lack mobility to do this exercise. I cruised through mn/pe1. But that required a. no hip mobility and b. no hamstring mobility. 

seriously, this progression doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Before doing mn/pe2 shouldn't there be a system to ensure the necessary mobility is there? 

I can see myself being stuck on this exercise for a year while I work on my middle split. 

 

Craig Copeland

I've been on MN/PE 2 for more than a year. Maybe 15 months at this point.   One of my teaching colleagues once told a misbehaving student, "You cannot talk your way out of consequences you have behaved your way into."  I "behaved my way" into this situation as a result of 30 years of no mobility work (despite being very physically active).  Even with front and middle split series and other limber work, I'm guessing I'm still a year away from passing both parts of this progression. And it's my own damn fault.