My beginner workout

Started by m6shifter, February 18, 2013 · 4 Replies · 5,093 Views

m6shifter

I have been lurking here for 2 months checking out the site. Reading some topics and learning a little at a time.

Since Oct I have been messing around with the rings but nothing really programmed so finally 2 weeks ago I started to organize a workout for me. Today starts my 3rd week.

 

10-12min warmup  bike,rope or rower or calistenics of some sort.  M-W-F WORKOUT

 

This is M-F     W - is  ring dead hang instead of IH =45sec

 

         ring turnouts = 30 sec

         hollow holds=  45 sec

         arch holds  = 45 sec

         Inverted hang= 45 sec

         wall sit           = 1:15 sec

times 3 rds

 

Next week I do RDH M-F  W-IH   wall sit also will be substitued with 6 bridge raises or holds or GHR

 

TUE & THUR LEG DAYS    SAT  is metcon

 

I know there is foundation 1  but I am going to do this for another 10 weeks and then start F1 in the spring My goal is to get everything to 60 sec. Its been going well so far. I started with minimal strenght.

 

 

 

Hercules

You'd do better to start with F1 as that takes the basics and integrates them into the program. So I'd suggest you just get F1 as soon as you can and start it rather than waiting.

m6shifter

I plan on purchasing F1 in the spring.  I am enjoying this basic hold workout at this point.

Klaudius Petrulis

put some lsit holds in there :P

m6shifter

I added it  actually l-sit progressions for 5 mins.