This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Print Out Of Weekly Workouts

Started by TommyGuunz, February 12, 2013 · 43 Replies · 2,466 Views

FredInChina
Joshua Naterman said:

(...) My suggestion would be to add a legend at the bottom of each 4-week page that tells you the name of each PE and IM that you are scheduled to practice for the cycle, so that you are well protected from brain-farts at the gym when your laptop or iphone is in your locker, car, or home.

 

Hey, maybe you are correct, who knows?

Building my own helped me understand the program though... :)

mark

I put together a spreadsheet too.  You pick the current mastery level for each of the 7 exercises, and it pre-fills the 12-week schedule with sets and reps, for 3, 4, or 5 a week programs.  Also includes description of each exercise.  Only took about an hour.

 

Excited for the scheduler though.

TommyGuunz

Just wondering how the Schedule Generator is coming or perhaps your time is being spent on getting F2,3&4 out? Thanks

Ravn

I've made an excel sheet with the 12 weekly schedules in one sheet, and the mastery progressions (with all of the set/reps in a table for a given type of mastery, i.e. 5x60s) in a secondary sheet. Anyone know how to distribute the set/rep counts from the secondary sheet to the relevant fields in the primary sheet? I'm kinda stuck  <_<.

 

Haven't totally given up on making my own, since I would also like to be able to include additional stuff like FSP's and stretching sessions.

SuperBru

Hi all,

 

Does anyone know if the schedule planner has been released yet?

Cannister
PainIsGain said:

Hi all,

 

Does anyone know if the schedule planner has been released yet?

 

No it hasn't.  Cory has said he hopes to have it out before April - but F2-4 have higher priority.

Nic Branson

It is currently under development.

SuperBru

I see.

Murija

Any news on the schedule generator? Sorry to bother but I'm really looking forward to it

Klaudius Petrulis

It's being worked on ;D

Nigel

I wrote my own in javascript - it took me about a day as I found it really difficult to wade through the complexity of it. I posted a link to it here, but someone deleted my posts. I really wanted to help out the community, but I guess that's not allowed - the redactor is probably not the first American who has forgotten the first amendment.

 

I've never had a post deleted anywhere before. I'd never realised how humiliating it felt to be treated by the invisible hand of a bureaucrat.

Ravn
Nigel said:

I wrote my own in javascript - it took me about a day as I found it really difficult to wade through the complexity of it. I posted a link to it here, but someone deleted my posts. I really wanted to help out the community, but I guess that's not allowed - the redactor is probably not the first American who has forgotten the first amendment.

 

I've never had a post deleted anywhere before. I'd never realised how humiliating it felt to be treated by the invisible hand of a bureaucrat.

Too bad you're not allowed to share, but I guess it's a copyright issue. If your script is able to fill in the blanks, it probably also involves reproducing some of the material from the courses - and to do that, you would likely need permission. I'm sure your intentions were good, would personally love to use something along the lines of what you made.

Cole Dano

Nigel, it was not the intention to humiliate anyone. We should have sent you a PM, apologies.

 

GB has no issue with folks creating any spreadsheets or programs to help with their implementation of the Course, we don't want these to be shared for numerous reasons.

 

What if this were the Coca Cola forum and you worked out how to make the delicious cola beverage and posted your version of the formula?

What if you got it wrong or Coca Cola later made a change to the formula? 

 

Due to the nature of the internet, we need to control where information on the courses comes from for everyone's benefit.

 

For that reason, we respectfully request people not post their spreadsheets workout generators etc on the GB forums or elsewhere online.

Nigel

Hi Cole

 

No problem, I get it. I thought it was quite a hole in the product though, and having gained so much from this community, I found myself with a useful skill to be able to plug the hole. Being stymied at the last hurdle felt unpleasant.

 

Still, I'm happy to share the code if it could be squeezed into the menu somewhere. It never is that easy with code though...

 

Nigel

Nic Branson

Nigel,

My apologies if you did not receive it, I did send a PM yesterday. Hopefully it is in your inbox. My intent was not for you to feel like your work was being swept aside or disregarded.

Cory Fair

Guys,

 

A little patience please, we are not going to continue beating a dead horse here. The scheduler is something that while not necessary for success, has been asked for repeatedly. Because of that, I have included it in my projects.

 

It's relatively simply to make a spreadsheet for this. The time involvement is working doing it the right way to integrate into the website and the course for a good user experience. I am designing it to work with all Foundation and Handstand products and not simply F1. 

mark
Ravn said:

I've made an excel sheet with the 12 weekly schedules in one sheet, and the mastery progressions (with all of the set/reps in a table for a given type of mastery, i.e. 5x60s) in a secondary sheet. Anyone know how to distribute the set/rep counts from the secondary sheet to the relevant fields in the primary sheet? I'm kinda stuck  <_<.

 

Haven't totally given up on making my own, since I would also like to be able to include additional stuff like FSP's and stretching sessions.

Here are the steps I took to create an excel scheduler if you need help:

 

  1. I created a table in excel with the first column being the 7 types of mastery levelsl, e.g. 5x10r.  There are only 7 of these, you either have 5, 10, 15,  or 60 reps, or you have 10, 30, or 60 seconds.
  2.  Next to each mastery I filled out the 12-week reps or seconds in the next 12 columns.  This took the most time.  I then gave this table a name, template.
  3. On another tab I listed out all the PEs for each element, FL/PE1, FL/PE2, etc.  I Next to it I put the mastery level for each.  Then use a VLOOKUP command to lookup the mastery level on your 'template' table to populate  12 weeks of sets and reps.  This created an even larger table of each exercise and it's 12 weeks of programming.  I named this table 'programs'. 
  4. Then on another sheet I wanted to show just the current level I was on for each of the 7 elements.  I used VLOOKUP again using 'programs' as the table.  Then I would pick the exercise I was on for that cycle, and it would prefill the 12 week schedule.
  5. This itself is probably enough.  I got fancy (if you can call it that) and created 3, 4, and 5, day "calenders" that showed the appropriate groups of elements.  FL + sPL + HBP + RC for one day, MN+SL+SLS for the other day.  The CONCATENATE, INDEX, and RIGHT functions were useful for this.  I also added a legend showing a description of the element, along with it's integrated mobility.
  6. My next step, if I have time before the scheduler comes out, is to add the ability to start mid-cycle for a progression I haven't quite mastered, but am farther along than week 1.

 

Hope that helps.  You can PM me for more specific Excel questions if you want. 

Andrew Tan

Evernote clipper is great for it, i use it all the time

TommyGuunz

Hi Cory,  Just wondering ow you are making out with the Scheduler?  Thanks