This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Print Out Of Weekly Workouts

Started by TommyGuunz, February 12, 2013 · 43 Replies · 2,466 Views

TommyGuunz

Is there a way to copy the weekly workouts from the Foundation ONE Book or can you make PDFs of them available. Bit of a pain taking iPad to garage! Thanks

FredInChina

After the second week, you won't need it... the training remains the same for 12 weeks!

If you really do need a cheat sheet, it will take you the best part of 90 seconds to write down the list on a flash card that you can nail on the wall :)

Chaim
TommyGuunz said:

Is there a way to copy the weekly workouts from the Foundation ONE Book or can you make PDFs of them available. Bit of a pain taking iPad to garage! Thanks

I believe that I have already done what you are asking here. What I did was to use alt-PrtScr to copy the page to memory, and then paste it to microsoft word.

RatioFitness

It's trouble to take the iPad to the garage? I don't even have an iPad. I have to take my laptop to the basement. I thought one the points of tablets is that they are easy to walk around with.

stefanhinote
RatioFitness said:

It's trouble to take the iPad to the garage? I don't even have an iPad. I have to take my laptop to the basement. I thought one the points of tablets is that they are easy to walk around with.

Apparently not.  :lol:

 

I prefer the laptop to my iPad--easy to switch between pages.

Daniel Shields

Maybe I'm a just Luddite, but I scribble down the days workout on a piece of paper and take that with me to my workout area.

Cole Dano

As already said, write it down on a sheet of paper, or print from a text editor, spreadsheet, or workout log. If I go to the gym I will even use a post it.

 

I typically write out all my workouts for the upcoming week on Sunday.

 

It's generally good to keep some sort of notes to follow your progress, and I also good to have the workout as handy to see as possible during the workout.

Cannister

I used excel to put a schedule together - has exercise names and reps for all PEs and Mobility for several weeks at a time.  It takes the thinking out of the workout and makes it much easy to just execute.  It also helps me stay motivated to do the workout.

taenkarth

I did an Excel Spreadsheet of all of the elements and their PE's and iM's in order with mastery reps/holds.

 

Then I created a Word document that has a table with 12 weeks of programming in for each element.

 

Print and take with you or put on wall. Cross off each day you complete and you're good to go. Only have to do it once every 3 months!

Joshua Naterman

Nice!

 

I am a big believer in making such a document, so that you only have to think once every cycle. It's very important to remove as much stress as possible from your life, and a 12 week spreadsheet is definitely going to knock out nearly all workout-related stress :)

Cory Fair

We plan to make a schedule-generator available in this section of the website after the release of H1, F2-4 in the next couple weeks. 

Johann Wimmer
Cory Fair said:

We plan to make a schedule-generator available in this section of the website after the release of H1, F2-4 in the next couple weeks. 

Nice, I already made one for myself (MS Excel based) after purchasing F1 - am I allowed to share it here?

Cory Fair
Johann Wimmer said:

Nice, I already made one for myself (MS Excel based) after purchasing F1 - am I allowed to share it here?

 

Making a chart for your own use is perfectly fine. I don't want them to be shared as it's copyrighted material and the schedule generator will be out soon enough. 

johnfewell
Cory Fair said:

We plan to make a schedule-generator available in this section of the website after the release of H1, F2-4 in the next couple weeks. 

Having spent several hours on my own solution in excel, I'm interested to see what the official one looks like. 

TommyGuunz

Yes, I like Excel as well for this and other training, ie. Triathlons.  So, I will go boldly forward with paper for now and look forward to the "Schedule Generator".

Thanks

Rob Rowland
Cory Fair said:

We plan to make a schedule-generator available in this section of the website after the release of H1, F2-4 in the next couple weeks. 

 

Before I set to waiting for this schedule-generator, can you tell me how it will function?  Specifically, will it tell me how many reps, seconds are expected and will it adjust based on my input of how I performed on a certain day?

stefanhinote
johnfewell said:

Having spent several hours on my own solution in excel, I'm interested to see what the official one looks like. 

Me too. Just finished dumping everything into a database, and script. (locally of course). Now I have a list of all the workouts for each day, for the next six weeks. :D

TommyGuunz

Seems like the Users here have created some spreadsheets that would be quite useful to you and to us; perhaps  if those are willing to share their work, you would have a chance to see what is working and what you might want to to add to the SG?

 

OR better yet, is there some way we could collaborate to build the SG or as mentioned earlier, features we would like to see?

 

Anyway, seems like a necessary tool to have; the sooner the better and looking forward to it. 

FredInChina
TommyGuunz said:

(...) seems like a necessary tool to have (...) 

 

"necessary"....... Seriously?

It would be a nice addition to the program and make it look sexy by today's standards, but it is a gimmick!

To me, the beef of the stew is in the program itself, not in the convenience addiditons.

To some extent, it may also slow down our understanding of the underlying thinking behind the programming... I found that going through the trouble of building my own workout documents revealed some information; my mind was able to make connections and identify relationships that a couple of reading had not.

stefanhinote
TommyGuunz said:

Seems like the Users here have created some spreadsheets that would be quite useful to you and to us; perhaps  if those are willing to share their work, you would have a chance to see what is working and what you might want to to add to the SG?

 

OR better yet, is there some way we could collaborate to build the SG or as mentioned earlier, features we would like to see?

 

Anyway, seems like a necessary tool to have; the sooner the better and looking forward to it. 

I'm positive what ever Cory has cooking up is going to work quite nicely!

Cory Fair

The primary purpose of the tool is to make it easy to print and keep your workout schedule; especially when you own Handstand One and are trying to integrate courses with each other.

 

Fred is correct in that the program is the main course. Making a tool overly fancy will not do your training for you, nor make you master elements any more quickly. The majority of you already know much more about the "why" to GST than any of coaches athletes. But the 'why' only matters to results when it helps you perform something correctly. Diligence, consistency, hard work, and correct techniques are what will get you to advanced elements. 

IcedDante
FredInChina said:

"necessary"....... Seriously?

It would be a nice addition to the program and make it look sexy by today's standards, but it is a gimmick!

To me, the beef of the stew is in the program itself, not in the convenience addiditons.

To some extent, it may also slow down our understanding of the underlying thinking behind the programming... I found that going through the trouble of building my own workout documents revealed some information; my mind was able to make connections and identify relationships that a couple of reading had not.

I'm not sure how having a scheduler is a "gimmick". I was writing an Android App that was going to do my scheduling for me: programming some rules so that it could handle failed mastery tests and the like. I'm glad to hear something is in progress so I will hold off until I see what GB has to offer. Thanks!

Peter Sbirakos

I like how I can put up an A3 poster of a routine that I'm in the middle of and as each day and week passes along, I will colour in the little box that corresponds to a workout. It's a nice motivational tool for me. But we all have our different methods as well as strengths of motivation....

Murija

Mmmm something like this:

 

dpin1h.jpg
 

Like Peter said, very good motivational tool and when you cross it, when you're done it gives a nice sense of acomplishment :)
 

Joshua Naterman
Cory Fair said:

The primary purpose of the tool is to make it easy to print and keep your workout schedule; especially when you own Handstand One and are trying to integrate courses with each other.

 

Fred is correct in that the program is the main course. Making a tool overly fancy will not do your training for you, nor make you master elements any more quickly. The majority of you already know much more about the "why" to GST than any of coaches athletes. But the 'why' only matters to results when it helps you perform something correctly. Diligence, consistency, hard work, and correct techniques are what will get you to advanced elements. 

Sure, but ease of use is always key.

 

Foundation is excellent, the course exercises are explained quite nicely and the scheduling is pre-done, but quite a few people are going to get confused and/or intimidated when they have to start writing out their 12 week calendars, even though most of us think that may be silly.

 

Making a tool that allows painless, easy generation of a 12 week schedule is the exact opposite of a gimmick: It is an enabler that allows complete newbies to easily adopt the GB Foundation program. In my opinion, it is absolutely a must have tool, simply because it completes the simplification of GST to complete entry level in all ways.

 

My suggestion would be to add a legend at the bottom of each 4-week page that tells you the name of each PE and IM that you are scheduled to practice for the cycle, so that you are well protected from brain-farts at the gym when your laptop or iphone is in your locker, car, or home.