This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I Can Already Do Single Leg Squat

Started by iamtylerleonard, February 9, 2013 · 11 Replies · 596 Views

iamtylerleonard

Would it be too much upper body to begin work on back lever or something of my choosing that isn't directly listed in the Level 1 Foundation course? Or should, when single leg squat options are given, I use the BtGB guideline for single leg squats and start work with Plyometric single leg squats and move on from there?

Joshua Slocum

First go through all of the listed progressions and make sure you're capable of performing the strength as the prescribed sets/reps, and the mobility elements with the demonstrated range of movement. It is NOT OK to skip the mobility elements. 

piotro

Depends what you want to to do.

If you want to follow Fundation course, then make sure you can demonstrate mastery level (in all exercises there). Coach said that in this case make Fundation work priority before other exercises you may want to do.

Nothing is stopping you from doing other exercises, apart of common sense, if you are prepared for them and want to do it then do it.

LIE

I too can already do SLS weighted.....

My question is....do i need to progress 12week Full from the deck squat?

Just want to confirm if what im doing right

Thank you

Daniel Shields

I can already do SLS as well, but doing multiple sets of SLS/PE1 with nothing but SLS/PE1>iM between them for "rest" is very demanding. I'm still a fair way from mastery. Being able to do the movement is one thing; being able to do the movement according to the standards set forth in F1 is quite another thing. Have you actually tested yourself for mastery of the elements, or just assumed you could do them?

iamtylerleonard
Hari_Seldon said:

First go through all of the listed progressions and make sure you're capable of performing the strength as the prescribed sets/reps, and the mobility elements with the demonstrated range of movement. It is NOT OK to skip the mobility elements. 

I have, I can do all the mobility elements and mastered everything up to HaS. Should I just use the hardest two elements and continue to perform them until the next Foundation series is released? Noted I don't have a video so you're going to have to take my word for this. Should I perhaps invest in a weighted vest and do HaS weighted? 

 

EDIT:

Also mastered HaS, incase my wording was confusing. 

Daniel Shields
Cufonggbu said:

I too can already do SLS weighted.....

My question is....do i need to progress 12week Full from the deck squat?

Just want to confirm if what im doing right

Thank you

You need to demonstrate mastery of an element before progressing to the next. Attempt to perform the Week 11 workout for Deck Squats. If you are able to do so with perfect form, then test yourself on SLS/PE2 Week 11 during the next workout. Continue this until you fail to demonstrate mastery of the element OR its accompanying integrated mobility. If you are able to come relatively close to mastery, it is not necessary to start at Week 1 of the cycle. You can instead opt to start at Week 5 or Week 9, depending how close you came to mastery. If these instructions aren't clear, this process has already been explained repeatedly on the forum in other threads.

iamtylerleonard
ewethestuff said:

I think tyler is saying he already tested for mastery on each of the steps and passed. So what should he do until F2-4?

 

 

I'm assuming the Leg series will eventually go through the BtGB progressions, so you could pick up from there. You could also just throw in a Leg Strength or Dynamic Leg WOD for strength maintenance during the gap.

That was exactly what I was asking yes. 

Cole Dano

This is not an official answer.

 

Inserting the relevant exercise from BtGB is a reasonable solution. Use the mobility from F1 for now. F2-F4 are not far away.

Joshua Slocum
iamtylerleonard said:

I have, I can do all the mobility elements and mastered everything up to HaS. Should I just use the hardest two elements and continue to perform them until the next Foundation series is released? Noted I don't have a video so you're going to have to take my word for this. Should I perhaps invest in a weighted vest and do HaS weighted? 

 

EDIT:

Also mastered HaS, incase my wording was confusing. 

Oh, I see. In that case, my recommendation would be to just do sets of SLS when your leg training days come up. If you want to make them more challenging, try one of the harder variations listed in BtGB, like jumping SLS. 

Coach Sommer

- Have you also mastered all of the SLS>iM?

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

iamtylerleonard
Coach Sommer said:

- Have you also mastered all of the SLS>iM?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yes I have. My legs and hips are very flexible from years of martial arts, or at least up until the prescribed point in F1.