I come from a background of IF style eating and while I do enjoy it, I don't like that I can't do any type of working out/stretching in the feeding window since I tend to consume large amounts of food, water and veggies (I eat around 3lbs of veggies in the 6-8 hour window), I just can't stop eating.
I also realized that fasted training for 2-3 hours (not very intense, a lot of handstands and stuff like that) is probably not the best thing for performance (even though I do feel great with the coffee haha).
***************************************************************************************************************************************
I'm currently trying to gain muscle (1-2lb/month at most, I have nowhere to rush). Would such a daily setup of eating be good? I'm still trying to place most of my carbs pre/post workout.
No supplements... Not a big believer in them. I love food too much to be drinking it.
25-35g protein feeding at every meal and fats split equally except pwo meal
Possibly lots of cabbage except pwo
Sugary vegetables during school time (raw carrots, parsnips, beets maybe)
1h Pre-workout Buckwheat/Brown Rice/Low GI carbs
Post workout (16:30-17:00)
30g feedings of protein every 2 hours (3 feedings) until bed.
First feeding with high GI carbs and others with buckwheat/brown rice/oats
I'm eating 1.2xLBM Protein / 300g carbs (adding 10g weekly) / 0.4xLBM Fat
**************************************************************************************************************************************
I'm so overthinking this haha but it's quite fun. I want to see whether nutrient timing really makes a difference in performance/body composition.
If I were to do weightlifting I wouldn't even bother with this and accept not-so-lean gains, but since I'm into gymnastics I suppose I'm going to gain muscle at a bit slower rate so I don't really want much fat coming along with it.
I'll have to play around with the pre-workout meal since carbs make me feel too anabolic to train (lol!), not sleepy but I feel like just relaxing. I haven't tried having carbs pre workout yet.