This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 Equipment Alternatives

Started by Naxels, February 4, 2013 · 38 Replies · 2,095 Views

MDieterson

Hi everybody (first post, yeah!),

 

is it reasonable to perform stuff like MN/PE4 (Half Tuck Hanging Leg Lift) on RIngs or on a Bar,

or would the missing support through the stall bar on the back impair the excercise/ results?

'Cause one of the focus points for MN/PE4 is "keep the lower back pressed firmly into the wall"...

I don't have enough space for stall bars in my room, and there are none in the next gym round the corner.. :mellow:

Jon Douglas

Yeah, it makes a big difference. They can be done close to strictly on a single bar if you are really diligent, but this is hard to feel in the back and shoulders before you try it on stall bars. I do em at a playground

Mark Balsom
Naxels said:

 

Helper person (SL/PE3+4) -> ?

 

 

 

I have two methods here: 

1. I place a solid table or piece of furniture in front of a bookcase. Place your hips and thighs on the table and place your heels under one of the shelves, make sure to place something heavy on the shelf as you could end up lifting the whole thing.

2. I have this brilliant long ladder that has two hinges. If you fold both hinges at 90 degrees you get an "n" shape and you can just lie on top and place both heels under one of the steps.

 

Hope things are clear =)

Arto

.

FredInChina
Mark Balsom said:

I have two methods here: 

1. I place a solid table or piece of furniture in front of a bookcase. Place your hips and thighs on the table and place your heels under one of the shelves, make sure to place something heavy on the shelf as you could end up lifting the whole thing.

2. I have this brilliant long ladder that has two hinges. If you fold both hinges at 90 degrees you get an "n" shape and you can just lie on top and place both heels under one of the steps.

 

Hope things are clear =)

 

Make sure to post a video if that fails :P

Jon Douglas

I do arch/curl ups and RLL variations on the local monkey bars :)

James Hall

Is it reasonable to use a bar on say a smith machine for decline rows? When training on both rings and a bar I've found a difference of a rep or two. I have also used a TRX thing for the rows. They tax the grip heavily (thick handles) but are still easier than rings. Thoughts please guys?

FredInChina

Yes :)

AliceL

New member here. Just bought the starter pack and brainstorming ideas for alternative equipment.

 

Stall bars

Would this be suitable for MN/PE3-5? Maybe add thermarest/cardboard boxes behind the back to compensate.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2011/08/25/doorway-pull-up-handles/

 

Rows

I have super low ceiling in the basement, so door gym pullup bar doesn't work nor do I want to drill anything in the ceiling. If I hook my ring straps through the pullup handles (above link), would that work? I fear RC/PE1-4 might be easier due to the increased angle

 

http://goo.gl/9h53bD (image of TRX on door anchor as sample)

CK BUILD

I use cuplock scaffolding "found" on job sites. I have a 2.4m square cage 4 metres high with a section off the back 550mm apart for parallel bars. I hang the rings from a scaff tube over the  top centre which over hangs the whole cage and a rope on the end dangling down. There are bars up the side for stall bars and muscle ups.

I'll be building another one beside it with a tube joining over the top to hang kick bags, a monkey bar and more rings. 

I can also use hardwood planks for pommel horse. 

I'm in the process of sanding it back to paint it to match the house lol

Keilani Gutierrez
CK BUILD said:

I use cuplock scaffolding "found" on job sites. I have a 2.4m square cage 4 metres high with a section off the back 550mm apart for parallel bars. I hang the rings from a scaff tube over the  top centre which over hangs the whole cage and a rope on the end dangling down. There are bars up the side for stall bars and muscle ups.

I'll be building another one beside it with a tube joining over the top to hang kick bags, a monkey bar and more rings. 

I can also use hardwood planks for pommel horse. 

I'm in the process of sanding it back to paint it to match the house lol

nice!

 

would you be inclined to post pictures?

CK BUILD

 I tried

 

KeilaniG said:

nice!

 

would you be inclined to post pictures?

I tried to upload a pic but I'm too dumb. I'll keep trying.