This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Logs

Started by Cole Dano, February 3, 2013 · 16 Replies · 50 Views

Cole Dano

Already requests for this.

 

Could there just be a Workout Log under F1?

 

Disadvantage is as new products etc roll out training logs will be scattered

 

Advantage is like logs are in like locations so folks working on the same things are together 

and it's technically easier, assuming a sub-sub forum is possible.

 

The ultimate solution would be to have just one workout log with a filter that allowed customers with the same products to view your logs.

 

I don't think Cory can even think about that now, maybe not ever.

 

Where To Put F1 Logs?

 

Cory Fair(IP: Private )
 

Sent Today, 05:32 PM

The way this forum software works, it's not possible to limit viewing of individual threads: only forums. At this point, the only two quick solutions are to a) limit the Workout Log forum so that members can only see their own threads or b ) create the new sub forum and manually search/move purchased logs.

 

Cole Dano(IP: Private )

 

Sent Today, 05:39 PM

I like this one   B)

 

I actually think for the community effect this is best. Puts people doing the same things in the same group. Makes it easier for them to interact.

 

In the future the question will be what happens when someone has HS One and Foundations 4.

 

 

Would have multiple logs?

 

and on the mods side, how do we make sure they are logging in the right place?

 

 

Cory Fair(IP: Private )
Sent Today, 05:44 PM

I've opened up a forum for just us four. Let's move the conversations over there.  :)

 

It's completely hidden from members so no one can see it or know it exists.

Nic Branson

People are not going to happy if they have to have multiple logs. I don't think that would work.

Cole Dano

Good to know Nic.

 

Any ideas?

 

If we follow Cory's suggestion of filtering and moving Logs we'd have to make a Log Forum for every Course and combination of Courses. That would get really messy.

 

If we hide all logs so only the author can see them, that removes the community effect that many people enjoy.

 

Which way should we choose? Is there an alternative?

Nic Branson

I have no idea on this one. Got me stumped right now..

Cory Fair

Another possibility may be to move workout logs off the forum and into another application within the software. It'd be more of a community blog used as a workout log. Unfortunately, members would have to start logs from scratch or copy-paste their current one in. I'll check into if this is a viable option to allow the type of viewing permissions we'd need.

 

http://community.invisionpower.com/blogs/ is an example of how it works. The software would automatically inherent the GB skin.

Cole Dano

That would be a very cool solution indeed!

 

How would people find the everyones blogs?

Cory Fair

Cole,

 

They would have group blogs: Foundation One, Handstand One, etc. So you could belong to multiple groups, but only see logs from the ones you belong to.

Cole Dano

And would others in the same group be able to see the blogs as well?

Cory Fair

Correct, it's essentially what we have wanted to do with the forum threads. I'm looking into if we can get it to do this automatically with this app.

Cole Dano

Great, I hope it works as it sounds like the perfect solution.

Coach Sommer

We need to lock all of the training logs to all outside viewing until we have resolved this issue.  Things are already getting out of hand.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nic Branson

We should make a statement that this is temporary while we put in a new system. Just keep people from knee jerking to the worst conclusion.

Cory Fair

I've made the change and will make an announcement for that forum. Note that admins will still see the forum as normal, but the view is restricted to the topic author for members.

Cory Fair

Here's the base problem I keep running into: I can filter on a topic or a group level, but I can't filter portions of a post. If a member owns multiple products and writes their integrated workout into a post, any member who has bought any of those products individually would have access to see the post. Requiring members to keep multiple workout logs doesn't seem to be a very good solution. I'll keep thinking.

Cole Dano

Could you create groups that contain mixes of products?

 

 

Joe has A

 

John has B

 

Mike has A & B

 

Group A Joe Mike

Group B John Mike

Group A&B Mike

Nic Branson

Interesting thought.

Coach Sommer

The workout logs in Graduate Studies should be locked from outside viewing as well.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer