This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hinge Row - Butt Off The Floor?

Started by vertigo, February 3, 2013 · 29 Replies · 1,898 Views

chobbs

Thanks Cole. After watching the video again I experimented further. I sat myself under the rings per your suggestion and fiddled around.

 

I ended up adjusting the straps up further so that my pull is just to my ears, instead of to my shoulders - matching the demonstration in the video. Minimal sliding now (ground surface issue more than anything here I think) and it makes the movement a lot easier, as opposed to more difficult than the PE3 movement - which wasn't making sense to me. :)

 

I still think the video shows the athlete on the ground to start with. But, then again, the PE3 movement says to be "just off the ground" and it appears as though there is a good 6-8 inch gap in the video.

 

This may just seem like nit picking, and obviously there are many, many ways to scale the difficulty of any given movement up/down ... but, I would hate to waste 12 weeks doing a variation that wasn't going to suitably prepare me for the next level because of a misunderstanding with the text/video.

 

- Chris

Richard Hamilton

I struggled to get this movement as well. During my second RC session this week the penny dropped though... sort of an ah ha moment :)

I was also finding them more difficult than PE3 Chobbs!

gohei_

Today was 4x9 for these and I totally failed on the last set. Had to do them with butt on the floor for every repetition in order to complete the set :( 

Julian Wilson

Just a quick question: what is the purpose of keeping the butt off the floor when you start? 

Eric HARDOUIN

It may prevent using abs to sit up...This is why I try to keep butt off floor till raised at least 45°. Not that easy with high reps indeed...