This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie Question On F1 Levels

Started by smogmonster, February 2, 2013 · 5 Replies · 310 Views

smogmonster

Hi All,

 

Newbie here - started reading a little while ago and got very excited as my timing of getting interested in this stuff was perfect with the release of foundation 1.

 

A question on that though - for the first level (PE1) I self tested at the mastery level and would say I could do them all with one exception: the deck squats. I can't actually do a single deck squat. So where/how do I progress from here? Is it safe to move onto PE2 but to keep working on my deck squats?

 

Note I can do deck squats no problem if holding eg a 3kg dumbbell in front of me to give an extra bit of momentum for getting back up.

 

Thanks!

Paul

Nic Branson

You will progress at different rates for each progression. For testing we require all levels to be equal in your training you can be working at different levels as long as you advance each properly through achieving the previous mastery of it and the movement with it.

Nic Branson

Note on deck squats. Do not try and stand up until your squat position is stable. Work on just rolling into the squat without the standing up a few times.

smogmonster

Great - that's what I thought but thanks for confirming it. Thanks for the tip on the deck squats too. Something I definitely need to work on there!

KingJR
smogmonster said:

... for the first level (PE1) I self tested at the mastery level and would say I could do them all...

 

Have you actually confirmed that by actually doing the requirements? Because it kinda sounds like you're assuming you can.

smogmonster

No, I did them all - I guess you're referring to my use of "would say I could". What I meant by that is they felt fine to me but I didn't video them and watch them back so I can't be certain how good my form was. I don't believe it was terrible but sometimes our bodies aren't doing what it feels like they're doing.

Btw - whilst I'm new to training in this way I'm not new to training so I do have some level of body awareness.