This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reducing Friction On Sliding Elements

Started by Finnbar, February 2, 2013 · 8 Replies · 351 Views

Finnbar

What are the athletes using to allow their feet to slide along the floor in the Planche Leans and Shoulder Bridge leg curl?

 

Any suggestions for easy home options? I'm thinking maybe a Frisbee?

Arto

.

Nic Branson

Paper plates, prefer a cheap frisbee, they last.

Coach Sommer

Furniture sliders are the best tool that we have found.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

Either the 6"  x 9 1/2"ovals  or the large 7" round sliders work well.

 

You should be able to find them at any hardware store. They slide much better than anything else.

Mats Trane
Cole Dano said:

Either the 6"  x 9 1/2"ovals  or the large 7" round sliders work well.

 

You should be able to find them at any hardware store. They slide much better than anything else.

 

 

Cole, have you seen these in Scandinavia?

Cole Dano

No I haven't Mats. Jukka told me he's looked too and couldn't find them.

 

I bought a couple of dozen for our classes while I was in the States.

 

They are designed to work on carpet. (Well there is a kind made for hard floors as well)

 

On a hardwood floor towels work perfectly.

Mats Trane

Thought soo. Thanks

busterknoxvill

What about on rubber mats, as in the flooring at a gym? The only thing I can think of is something with wheels that can attach to your foot.