This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rc/pe1

Started by David Birchall, February 1, 2013 · 13 Replies · 562 Views

David Birchall

RC/PE1

In this exercise it says to start with my glutes and shoulders just off the floor.  Should I keep my glutes off of the floor for the duration of the set or do I sit down on the floor at any point in the exercise?  I can't see that well in the video.

 

It's harder off the ground all the time so I chose to start doing it that way but would like clarification.

 

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up :)  

 

 

 

Sam Carr

I'm sure that in the video demonstration, his glutes are off the floor in the beginning of the rep, but then as he pulls his glutes are touching the ground. I think its more about feeling proper activation in the lats.

Cannister

after watching the video pretty closely I'm fairly certain that his glutes are on the floor the entire time.  Not sure if that was a typo in the Focus Points, or if he was performing the exercise incorrectly.

Coach Sommer

The nature of the RC/PE1 does indeed require that the glutes begin slightly off the ground in order to have enough clearance to sit the torso up fully at the top of the repetition.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

David Birchall
Coach Sommer said:

The nature of the RC/PE1 does indeed require that the glutes begin slightly off the ground in order to have enough clearance to sit the torso up fully at the top of the repetition.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

So we start with the glutes off the ground, but then do the glutes touch the ground when we are at the top of the repetition in the bent arm position?

 

Thanks

Finnbar

For the iM component RC/PE1>iM is this 30s with one arm then change?

Richard Hamilton

Was wondering about this myself, thanks for the clarification :)

spyro7800

tried it today, I kept glutes of the ground for whole exercise, Coach do we sit in the top position??? What does it mean to allow hips to hinge?

Coach Sommer

Hinge = bend.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
Finnbar said:

For the iM component RC/PE1>iM is this 30s with one arm then change?

 

Of course, unless you prefer to be lopsided.   :)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Shields

I've found that I'm currently a bit lopsided. My left lat has very poor flexibility and hurts when stretched. I must have done something that offended it in the past. Should I still devote equal time to each side during the integrated mobility work, or emphasize my weak side?

David Birchall

The hinged row was harder for me than standing row.  I now realise after analysing the video more that the hinged row is essentially a standing row (glutes and shoulders off the floor) but you just hinge at the hips and in order to hinge at the hips and get your chest to the rings, the rings must be set lower down and your body must be more parallell to the floor.

 

I also had my shoulders directly under the rings however, like in a standing row, the straps are at more of an angle with the floor rather than perpendicular like they would be in a pull up.

 

I understand the exercise now I think.  Thanks.

Finnbar
Coach Sommer said:

Of course, unless you prefer to be lopsided.   :)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I think I'll do my best to be symetrical. :)

But were it is rx'd 30s this is 30s each side not 30s in total (15s each side)?

Cole Dano
Daniel Shields said:

I've found that I'm currently a bit lopsided. My left lat has very poor flexibility and hurts when stretched. I must have done something that offended it in the past. Should I still devote equal time to each side during the integrated mobility work, or emphasize my weak side?

 

If one side needs a little more attention by all means give that attention. You could spend more time on that side, or start on the 'weak' side do the other than repeat on the weak side. 

 

One thing is be careful about hurts, don't force these movements, let time do the work.

 

As you go through the various iM movements you might issue like this crop up along the way. You might even find that some previous iM's hit a spot like no other. Keep those in your warm up rotation.