This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Skipping Mobility Exercises By Skipping Preparatory Elements?

Started by yonder200, February 1, 2013 · 6 Replies · 475 Views

yonder200

Say we're already at the level where we can skip one or two preparatory elements. Would our overall mobility suffer by not doing the mobility exercises assigned to the preparatory elements we skipped? I'm not sure what to do about this. Are the mobility exercises not progressive?

 

 

spinelli

Yes the mobility exercises are progressive. If you cant complete the required exercise to mastery level AND do the associated mobility work in the prescribed manner then you can't progress to the next level. 

Cole Dano

Once you have mastered the mobility element you can do it as part of your warm up rotation.

Crackalackahacka

During a training cycle, do the mobility elements progress in reps with the accompanying preperatory element? I know we're to match sets, but what about reps?

Cole Dano

Reps stay the same so if it says

 

5r after every work set 

 

You always do 5 reps

gohei_
Crackalackahacka said:

During a training cycle, do the mobility elements progress in reps with the accompanying preperatory element? I know we're to match sets, but what about reps?

I wonder about this as well.

gohei_
Cole Dano said:

Reps stay the same so if it says

 

5r after every work set 

 

You always do 5 reps

Wonderful!