Wich Planche Lean Is Better? I Have A Regression On My Planche Training

Started by Gssj3, February 1, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,696 Views

Gssj3

Hi strong brothers. I want some advices about my planche lean. I don't know why, but i have had a great progress on my planche, but since few months ago i feel that i had a regression and now i feel the planche too difficult than some months ago. Now i'm trying to find the problem and in the planche lean i see that i need go more leaning forward. I don't know why this happened, because i have never leave the planche training and now my straddle planche is high too.

 

Here are the videos of 2 planche lean.

 

 

 

 

Thanks and i'll be waiting for your advices.

FredInChina

Very nice... unfortunately, I can't help you :)

B1214N

Your hips are too high in those leans, try to get it shoulder level or below (basically just get rid of the pike). Maybe listing what your planche training was over the months may help us see what the problem is.

Joshua Naterman

Pause your second video at the 23s mark. Here's the URL: 

 

What you'll see is your scaps are retracted, or winging, it's hard to tell from this angle. You need to start out protracted, and then only lean as far as you can maintain protraction. Over time, this will increase.

 

What B1214 said about your hips is absolutely correct, you need to keep them at shoulder level. This will make the leans harder at first, but this is the planche alignment and you need to learn where it is. 

Gssj3

Thanks to all. I will focus on improve the lean. Maybe the hips is also my problem, because when i do a straddle planche my hip is also little high. I hope to post later a better form of my lean and planche.