Foundation Series Equipment?

Started by bajramovic92, February 1, 2013 · 10 Replies · 7,486 Views

bajramovic92

I'm super excited that the whole Foundation series will be out in a matter of no time (along with Handstands One).

 

However, can someone tell me what the Foundation series equipment requirements/recommendations are?

 

Will one need to obtain/make stall bars? Rings? I'm also very curious about the rope climbing ... Is there a specific length of rope that needs to be used? I'm thinking of getting the Foundation One course this summer (possibly get the whole bundle at once)  and I'm pretty much going to be confined to my home/outside for working out, and I'd just really love to know equipment requirements/recommendations so I can figure out how to make things work out.

 

Thanks a lot.

johnfewell

Just bought it today and had a look and tried the first workout based on my ability. This is the equipment used in the workouts:

 

Stall bars

Rings

A bench

PB for dips

Pullup bar

Barbells for mobility (10-20lbs)

A low bar for the early PU progression

 

Not needed:

 

A rope

 

My gym has everything except for the rings which I bring and of course the stall bars. I have a metal ladder in my living room that I use as stall bars. Hope that helps.

Cory Fair

Everything can be substituted except for the weight, a means to do dips, and a bar to do pull up work.

bajramovic92
Cory Fair said:

Everything can be substituted except for the weight, a means to do dips, and a bar to do pull up work.

Thanks for the info :).

Craig Parker_4878
Cory Fair said:

Everything can be substituted except for the weight, a means to do dips, and a bar to do pull up work.

Where do you find these substitutions as they are not present in the book?

 

Arto

.

Michael S.
Arto Ratilainen said:

I would like to know that too. Been wondering how to do the IM that are being done with stall bars, and how to do RC progression without rings.

If your gym has these squat racks with adjustable locked barbells, you could use them as a substitute for the ring rows and, together with a bench, also for the mobility work.

Rik de Kort
Craig Parker_4878 said:

Where do you find these substitutions as they are not present in the book?

Get creative! Honestly it's not hard to find good substitutions. Need stall bars? Grab a solid door. Need a low bar to do inverted rows? Use a sturdy kitchen table. The options really are limitless. Just make sure that whatever you're using is solid and will support your weight.

Coach Sommer

There are also free plans for building your own stall bars available in the Equipment section of the forum.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

bajramovic92
Coach Sommer said:

There are also free plans for building your own stall bars available in the Equipment section of the forum.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yes, I've seen that post before. Very well done (and not too pricey!). I'll planning on finally building some stall bars this summer.

 

Thanks, Coach.

Bissen

For stall bars, I use a ladder placed and securely fixed against a wall, though I have the privilege of living on an old farm with a barn.

It should be doable without one, though. Maybe if you get an old one and tie it to a tree in your garden.