Slight Swing In Korean Dips

Started by Joshua Slocum, January 30, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,691 Views

Joshua Slocum

I had never done Korean dips until yesterday when they were a part of the WOD. I found that, while I was able to do them, I could only do so by using a slight swing to help my glutes to clear the bar. I have some shoulder mobility deficiencies; though it has improved markedly since I began performing a more balanced workout and proper mobility/stretching exercises, it's still not perfect. Is using a small swing an effective way to learn Korean dips? Or should I perform a different dip variation until my mobility has improved more? 

alempoli91

Hi mate... I too have just started... How many reps. X sets??? How much is your maximum number of repetitions in a row??

 

Let me know, thank you.  :D  :D

Alessandro Mainente

there is a certain level of swing adding a "pushing forward movement" on the bar. i got the same problem since i have the butt of a football player. i lost time time time trying to adjust the tempo of the swing and also now after have mastered the korean i feel some difficult to manage the movement all the time. with pbars diameter is easier then with a thick bar, but i'm sure that practice makes perfect.