Renaldo - Practice Makes Predictive

Started by Cole Dano, January 29, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,492 Views

Craig

I love bettermovement, always really nice articles there, and Todd is super nice to boot.  I wasn't able to see the video, so I'll have to check it out when I get home.  I'm not surprised by the results of the test in the least, I especially liked that ronaldo was looking at his opponents hips rather than his feet.  

Patrick Smith

That's incredible. I thought it was neat that he was so comfortable with controlling the ball with his feet that he could do it without looking and was able to devote a lot of his vision to checking the other player's body language. The light on/off ball reaction thing was really neat as well. The second one where he precisely kicks the ball into the goal blew my mind. Great find, Cole.

FutureisNow

They don't tell you is his father used to make him play blindfolded! :mrgreen:

CraigR

As a kid playing competitive soccer (and basketball) all of our drills were taught with an emphasis on "keeping your eyes up" and not looking at the ball.

 

This is a really cool video to show these fundamental skills developed to the absolute highest of levels.  Thanks for posting Cole.