Skin Pain During Stretches

Started by Badi, January 29, 2013 · 5 Replies · 3,226 Views

Badi

Hello there.

When im doing a pancake or straddle stretch the skin right above my ankle hurts really bad. It feels like its burning. I have it on both legs but mainly on my right. 5 cm above the pain i have a tattoo, is it possible that it comes from this?

Anyone else has these problems and knows an asnwer on how to fix this?

 

Thanks

Badi

tonio145

The only time my skin feels uncomfortable when stretching is if I took a hot bath before. It could be something to do with your tattoo, but I wouldn't know because I don't have any. 

Cole Dano

It doesn't have anything to do with your tattoo. 

 

My first guess is a cutaneous nerve being stretched.

 

Most likely it will go away on it's own.

 

A couple of things to try.

 

Before stretching, use your fingers and pull the skin in various directions.

 

During the stretch when it happens, come out far enough that the burning stops, and then gently go back in, come out each time the burning starts.

Jon Douglas
Cole Dano said:

It doesn't have anything to do with your tattoo. 

+1, just to help set OP's mind at ease.

Badi

alright thanks ill try it out and let you guys know =)

Edgaron

It's definitely not from your tattoo. I have none and also get this. It seems to go away with time.