Forum Feature Request / Inquiry

Started by Patrick Smith, January 29, 2013 · 15 Replies · 2,419 Views

Patrick Smith

Hello all staff members!

 

I frequently read posts here on the GB forums that I would like to stick up on the wall to be read again and again in the future. Yet, to copy and paste these in a separate file seems to be unnecessarily inefficient and inconvenient. I don't know how to manage forum features or how hard this request is, but I wonder if there is a way for us to "sticky" or "favourite" our favourite posts into a forum list that can be referred to later. Perhaps even be able to make it public so that other people can see what kind of stuff we like. On the same note, having a list of favourite threads would also be fantastic.

 

I hate to forget excellent posts or threads after a while because there are so many new ones.

 

Thank you for your hard work !

 

Prometheus

That sounds like a cool idea.

Rik de Kort

Here's a way: if you like a post, click on 'Like This'.

Then go to your profile. Click on 'Likes' and select 'Given' on the right.

gohei_

I usually just bookmark the threads that I find the most interesting.

Cole Dano
Rik de Kort said:

Here's a way: if you like a post, click on 'Like This'.

Then go to your profile. Click on 'Likes' and select 'Given' on the right.

 

That's how I've been doing it too. I guess that the issue there is sometimes you are 'liking' a post, but don't need to save it for future reference. 

 

A Bookmark or Save option would be nice in the future.

 

Even better would be a Save option that you could give your own title to for future reference.

FredInChina

A possibility exists to save the thread as a pdf via the print menu; click on the print, then print as pdf (you might need to download a driver, but it is very feasible & easy.)  *** the small printer icon on the bottom left ***

Another way would be to install an "export thread as pdf" on that same line of menu. :)

 

There is a download button too, but it saves only the current page as an html document.

I did not try the print for a multipage - I suspect it is also for the current page.

Patrick Smith

Rik - I don't think the "Like" function is a replacement for what I'm thinking of. I Like tons of posts that I don't want to save for future reference. Like all the posts in "New Book"...  :D

Rik de Kort
Patrick Smith said:

Rik - I don't think the "Like" function is a replacement for what I'm thinking of. I Like tons of posts that I don't want to save for future reference. Like all the posts in "New Book"...  :D

Well, stop liking those posts then. :P

Cole Dano

New book, what new book?  :huh:

stefanhinote

Just make a GymnasticBodies bookmark folder in your web-browser, and place the bookmarks there.

 

Let's not reinvent the wheel.

Patrick Smith
Rik de Kort said:

Well, stop liking those posts then. :P

I CAN'T!! I read some sub-Reddits and I'm used to either upvoting or liking things that I approve of.  ;)

Patrick Smith
Cole Dano said:

New book, what new book?  :huh:

Good point. Someone should rename it the "New Stuff" thread.  B)

Rik de Kort
Patrick Smith said:

I CAN'T!! I read some sub-Reddits and I'm used to either upvoting or liking things that I approve of.  ;)

Dude, I'm a redditor too and I don't have that habit.

Patrick Smith

:)

 

I think that "Liking" a post and being able to bookmark it in a forum system with a tag are very different things. Personally, I think it would be a huge addition to the forum. It sounds complicated and difficult to program, but I just want to put the idea out there.

Cory Fair
Patrick Smith said:

:)

 

I think that "Liking" a post and being able to bookmark it in a forum system with a tag are very different things. Personally, I think it would be a huge addition to the forum. It sounds complicated and difficult to program, but I just want to put the idea out there.

 

Unless you don't want any new products, it's not going to happen anytime soon. As mentioned, there's little reason you can't create a bookmarks folder on the browser for important threads.

Patrick Smith
Cory Fair said:

Unless you don't want any new products, it's not going to happen anytime soon. As mentioned, there's little reason you can't create a bookmarks folder on the browser for important threads.

 

Of course, Cory. I'm not demanding anything... it's just an idea I had.