What's up gymnasticbodies members.
It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm excited to receive some advice lol
My goal is: To create a stretching program for my 2 friends
that makes sense, can be measured, works, and
contains realistic goals that can be set and achieved
at the end of each month.
Backround: Ive achieved a high level of flexibility through Hung
Gar Kung Fu over the past thee years, but the problem is
I went through stretching blindly, without measuring my results,
setting goals, or even researching stretching. Most of my flexibility
was gained through static stretching, but I feel thatthe dynamic
stretching from the high kicks helped in overall flexibility as well.
I am capable of a full front splits both ways and can do them elevated
with good form. I am 9-12 inches from the floor with my side splits,
knees facing foreward. I have a perfect butterfly stretch (if that means
anything lol)
Situacion: My 2 friends have very little body fat and play soccer. They are both about
5'10-5'11. Problem is, they can't even touch their toes. I am creating this pro-
gram for them because they want to start Judo with me towards the end of
Febuary. Judo is twice a week, Monday and Thrusday 8:30-10 pm. Those are
the only 2 days I can make sure they are stretching and, knowing them, the
Only days they are going to stretch lol.
What I Want to do: I want to teach them both PNF stretching, but I'm still learning it myself :shock:
I feel that I have a better understanding of it after I read a few articles a few
moments ago. We are all 16 so I was wondering if not being 18 or older will be
detrimental for my 2 friends because a few sites say that one should be 18 or
or older to be able to do PNF stretching (Can u tell me why?).
Questions and Concerns: How do I go about completing my goal (states above)?
Can one do PNF stretching if they are only 16?
Can my friends see results with PNF stretching only twice a week?
Can static stretching and PNF stretching be performed in the same program, if so how?
Should 48 hours of recovery be set aside after each PNF stretching session?
How many different muscle groups can be stretched aucessfully in one PNF stretching session?
How I Am Planning to use PNF Stretching: The way I see it, one should PNF stretch with a partner for the best effects. From the
first article I real, one partner should (for example, lying on back while partner
One leg towards you) push your leg until it reaches a comfortable stretch and leave it
for 15-30 seconds. Then the person being stretched pushed their leg resisting their
partners push as hard as they can, unless they have an injury, for 6 seconds and then
Relax while your partner pushes your leg into a slightly deeper stretch and holds it
For 15 or 30 seconds. then repeat 2-4 times.
Correct me if I'm wrong on anything above. Advice is much needed and appreciated.
Feel free to ask questions if I didn't make somthing above clear enough for you.
I got my info on PNF stretching from the first site on the top of the list when I searched
For it on Google.
P.S. I did all types all this on my I-pod touch in Mexico at 3 AM (seattle time) on my grandpa's wifi connection lol (no joke)