Back Bridge

Started by pawlov, January 27, 2013 · 5 Replies · 1,799 Views

pawlov

What do you think about my back bridge? Finally I'm able to do it on the floor, although it looks a bit high compared to those performed by female gymnasts. :)

 

http://i.imgur.com/duFAbUb.jpg

 

So far, I was doing only static bridge work (on floor and elevated surface) and Ido's rotations into a bridge (high and low). What do you think I should focus on next? 

 

Thanks in advance,

Pawel

3D Guy

Looks nice =)

 

Have you think about working in front and back walkovers?

 

Keilani Gutierrez

I want a bridge like that. I figured my bridge wall walks are going nowhere because of my lack of shoulder mobility. I need to open my shoulders more to appreciate a proper walk because I keep walking myself away from the wall while i do the technique. 

 

how high do you go with the bridges and what exactly do you do while in them? retract your scapula and pull your arms behind your ears?

FredInChina

Very nice, good work! :)

3D Guy
KeilaniG said:

I want a bridge like that. I figured my bridge wall walks are going nowhere because of my lack of shoulder mobility. I need to open my shoulders more to appreciate a proper walk because I keep walking myself away from the wall while i do the technique.

how high do you go with the bridges and what exactly do you do while in them? retract your scapula and pull your arms behind your ears?

When i do bridges i usually try to get my hips the highest possible and trying to push my chest back... a good drill is to lower to a wall bridge walk and in the bottom position trying to touch the wall with your chest...

For back and front walkovers you can use a wall for assitance, or even a chair

Hope i coul help you

pawlov

Thanks for your response.

 

I definitely have to try walkovers, however I didn't feel I was "ready" to do them until now. What should I start with? Front walkovers? Or try to do them both? How do you approach back walkovers? From an elevated surface? If so, then how high should I start?

 

@KeilaniG: I was doing a lot of Ido's rotations and a lot of static bridge work. I think I did bridge work 4 times a week so I was quite consinstent with it. For static bridge I stated on elevated surface and focused on pushing my shoulders above hands and beyond them. After some I was able to lower my legs until they were on the floor. I don't have any idea how to progress further though. :)

 

Pawel

 

PS How far do you stand from the wall in bridge wall walks?