Constrast Shower Effects

Started by Fluidity, January 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,855 Views

Fluidity

For some reason now that I began contrast showering again for the past few weeks I don't feel as relaxed when switching from cold to hot water anymore. I  still feel recovered at the end but apparently the potency of contrast shower isn't as great as it was for me in the fall. I just don't know why me body isn't affected by contrast showers as it was in the beginning.

 

What could explain this? Could switching between hot to, extremely cold water be the cause? Should I decrease the temperature range and make the hot water a little less hot, and the cold water a little less cold?

FredInChina

:wacko:

It must be your diet! :D

Have you tried doubling the veggies portions?

emos

Wouldn't you expect them to become less potent, as your body gets used to them? The same happened to me, for sure. When I started doing them I could actually get a real pump going in the muscles I focussed on, just from the shower - but that soon stopped happening.

 

Stop them for a while, and/or increase their severity.

Alex Chubb

The body adapts to what you do. This includes recovery methods as well. So if you continually use the same contrast shower, it will eventually stop working as well. Try different heats or using a different method for a while.