Prereq Form Check 1/23/13

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, January 25, 2013 · 5 Replies · 1,444 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

Hey Guys!

 

I appreciate that you guys offer so much help in not only developing the skills of minimizing injury and maximizing strength, but that you also help in perfecting the basics of form. here are the PreReq's i've been working on and today in my Handstand block, i'll be sure to film them to get further help on that too.

 

if you need a different camera angle, i'll refilm it and post it, so thank you very much in your input!

 

PreReqs: Held for 3x30sec

Superman Arch Hold

Hollow Hold

Reverse Plank

Hollow Plank

Chin Up Dead hang

PB Support

 

The videos

 

http://youtu.be/FOGrV9w-hzc

http://youtu.be/7PjM07v2j6I

http://youtu.be/fpfxTrJlDvU

http://youtu.be/FzgwGP1zeic

http://youtu.be/Kbwblf0wT4w

http://youtu.be/EQHzXj1wxUA

http://youtu.be/JgceNEFEIDU

 

Muscle Attempts(Dec10,2012 & Dec30,2012)

http://youtu.be/tG3LOax3Do0

http://youtu.be/nFgVNao3elw

 

 

I wanted to ask, since i'm working upward/horizontal/downward press/pull on a three-day-a-week basis, how should I incorporate Muscle ups to my workouts? adding an extra day and shifting my workouts to a 4day a week schedule? 

Patrick Smith

  • Arch hold / superman - Looks really strong.

Hollow hold - Looks pretty strong. One tip, if it's too hard to keep your feet and legs together with toes pointed, then instead of waving them back and forth, simply reach your arms in front towards your feet instead of behind your head. I find that even though I can't keep my arms behind my head AND perfect form in my legs, if I reach my hands towards my feet I can concentrate on better trunk position and keep my back flatter.

Inverted plank - Not bad, but your hips were sagging quite a bit. 

Plank looks good. Not sure if you're supposed to keep your legs straight or not. I do...

Dead hang - Not much to comment on. It looks fine to me.

PB Support - Looks good to me. I usually do mine in a hollow hold rather than L-sit tuck, but I don't think it's wrong.

Keilani Gutierrez

yeah, I need to open my shoulders more, it affects my handstands and reverse planks horribly. 

 

check it.

see how bad that is?
 
my german hang in the profile pic is worse. I'm slowly workin' on it though, today I did 5x15sec and I felt myself comfortably sink more with way less protest from my bicep/elbow(which is nice, I guess)
 
thanks a lot for the tips #highfive
Patrick Smith

Np, and yeah, you do. But keep working on it, because all the little things will pay off for you big time later on down the road. :)

Keilani Gutierrez
Patrick Smith said:

Np, and yeah, you do. But keep working on it, because all the little things will pay off for you big time later on down the road. :)

what about the muscle up?

Patrick Smith

I haven't been working on the muscle up at all, so can't help you there outside of saying it looked pretty smooth to me.