This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

David's Wod Log

Started by David Birchall, January 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 34 Views

David Birchall

Logging to help keep me motivated and to hopefully serve as some help to someone new maybe after I have made decent progress.

 

Currently running a moderate deficit until I reach <15% BF at which point I will start adding more starch back in, PWO only to begin with.

 

I have some shocking before photos taken during my year long addiction to alcohol, other drugs and binge eating carbs.  I was 25% BFish. I will post them once I reach 12% BF.   I am now finally on testosterone replacement therapy due to a pituitary problem that was diagnosed just before the start of my addiction.  This has COMPLETELY taken away my urge to drink, to get high and consume sugar and I am SO happy I am out of that unbearable hell, you cannot even begin to understand the relief.  

 

Two frigging rehabs and thousands of pounds worth of treatment didn't help me and I am now absolutely convinced my low levels (0.4 nmol a few months ago) of free testosterone were causing an imbalance of serotonin or something as INSTANTLY I no longer have the zero libido, depression, irritability, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and compelling urge to take something or drink to "take my head away." 

 

Before my addiction and pituitary problem I trained powerlifting.  The singles I was lifting were:

 

A2G Squat: 352lbs (160kg)

Bench: 286lbs (130kg)

Deadlift: 397lbs (180kg)

 

I tried the other day and only got to 100kg for 3 sets of 4 reps on Squats and 130kg on deadlifts.  Didn't even try bench I was depressed enough about SQs and DLs already :( .  I'm just going to train gymnastics now for upper body and include squats and deadlifts during leg strength days in the WODs.

 

Right, initial goals:

 

1. Nail Prerequisites

2. Get to <12% BF once again

 

 

Current Stats:

 

Height: 5"11

Age: 21

Weight: 200lbs

Current BF%: 18-19%

 

Hollow: 30 30 30

Hang: 30 30 30

PB Support: 30 30 30

Arch: 60 60 60

Plank: 60 60 60

Reverse Plank: 60 60 60

Keilani Gutierrez

keep getting pitted.

 

you're the man. 

 

#highfive

David Birchall

Yesterday started training but had to leave before I even got to the WOD because everyone was going out.  Had a refeed after the workout as I was pretty carb depleted  from 7 days <30g carbs/day.  Going to do this week lower deficit as the fat is coming off rather slow as I'm pretty sedentary atm.

 

Workout:

 

 

 

 

10 lunges

10 squat jumps

10 sumo lunges

10 yoga push ups

wrist video

Ido's scapula video

Ido's scapula video

1 BWW

standing pike stretch

Ido's squat clinic video

butterfly stretch 30s

kneeling lunge stretch 30s

frog splits 30s

seated straddle 30s

----

Hollow hold:

1*60s 

1*50s 

1*50s 

Supinated dead hang:

1*60s

1*47s 

1*47s 

Parallel bar support:

1*50s

1*46s

1*37s 

------

 

Had to leave ffs.  I'll start properly on Monday.  Very happy with my prereq progress though.  I am going to train prereq with high effort until I get them nailed while I'm in a big diet deficit then I'll put more effort into the WODs and raise carbs around training.  Once I get these 3 prereqs done, I'll do 3*60 of all 6 them one after another every workout until it gets easy then do:

 

mobility & warm up

-

1*60:

hollow, hang, PB support, arch, reverse plank, plank

-

SSC to 3*30:

 

(HS)    S2W Handstand

(XR)    XR Plank

-

(BL)    Inverted Hang

(M)    FX Tuck L Sit

-

(FL)    Tuck L Hang

(PL)    Planche Lean

-

WOD

-

Stretching

David Birchall
I've decided to postpone doing the WODs for a few weeks so I can cut calories more to kickstart things.  I've also decided to get into the routine of training mobility and stretching every day and perhaps forward and backward rolls and cartwheels.  I'm training prerequisites as max effort as I really want to get them done.

 

I feel really unfit atm so I'm easing back into things slowly apart from the prereqs which I'm focusing all my effort on.

 

 

10 lunges

10 squat jumps

10 yoga push ups

----

Hollow hold: 60s 60s 48s

Supinated grip dead hang: 60s 60s 45s

Parallel bar support: 60s 60s 52s

----

Forward Rolls

Backward Rolls

A few kick up into straddle handstands landing on opposite legs to the kick up leg focusing on form

----

Ass to Grass Barbell Back Squat 2*5

Feet Raised Bulgarian Push Ups 1*3

Pronated Grip Pull Ups 1*3

----

Loads of Shoulder Mobility Work with Bands

Dorsal Push Ups 1*10

First Knuckle Push Ups 1*10

Wrist Push Ups 1*10

Fingertip Push Ups 1*10

----

Pancake Stretch 90s

Frog Split Stretch 60s

Weighted Pike Stretch 90s

Bridge 30s