This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wod - 130125

Started by Coach Sommer, January 24, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,379 Views

Coach Sommer
Complete the following:

3 sets of: MU, forward roll MU to BL, lower to German Hang, pullout to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

 

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

 

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) The Forward Roll MU to BL is performed by executing a MU to just over the transition and then lowering with control down into a back lever.  Note that it is necessary to press the shoulders forward during the descent into BL in order to maintain the correct balance.  The body position of the BL may be modified as needed to accommodate your current strength levels.

3) If necessary, the Fwd Roll MU to BL may be scaled down by performing a MU to support and then rolling backward to the BL.

4) All MUs should be performed with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition

5) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

6) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.
Keilani Gutierrez

coach, I tried accessing the Essay and went searching through the blog and didn't find it either. 

 

any suggestions on accessing the essay for the shoulder stand progressions?

Jon Douglas
jfslocum said:

This was one of my ring-strength sets from today:

 

http://youtu.be/_wlpxBrltqA

Particularly liked the MUBl. It's a current annoyance of mine and I was impressed how stable you looked entering it.

Adriano Augusto
jfslocum said:

This was one of my ring-strength sets from today:

 

http://youtu.be/_wlpxBrltqA

You skipped the "crank, reverse crank" of this WOD or it's your own variation, or another ring sequence?

 

The first Ring Strenght Series where I feel comfortable doing ALL the exercises. Sometimes I get problems with forward roll but I think it's for the lack of space.

Joshua Slocum
Letance said:

You skipped the "crank, reverse crank" of this WOD or it's your own variation, or another ring sequence?

The first Ring Strenght Series where I feel comfortable doing ALL the exercises. Sometimes I get problems with forward roll but I think it's for the lack of space.

I didn't skip anything. But now that you point it out, I forgot that cranks are supposed to start from an L-sit, whereas I simply lowered into the levers.