I've moved my hand from 8 inches away from the wall to 5.5 inches.
My belly to the wall HeSPU has gotten incredible hard.
I can hold a wall HS 60s for 3 sets, so I should have the strength for HeSPU.
I was able to perform 1 or 2 reps of HeSPU with my hands at 8 inches.
With hands at 6 inches I can maybe do 1, but I feel my balance point is to far forward for me at the bottom of HeSPU and I'm falling forwards.
I understand that we want our hands as close as possible to the wall for wall Handstands, does that idea not apply to HeSPU?
Also in the interest of deloading intensity, what movement would be 80% of 1 rep max HeSPU?
Box HeSPU for 3 sets of 3 OR 3 sets of 5?
I know that negative wall HeSPU are the next level down, but 3 sets of 3 negative HeSPU seems pretty intense.
I think I need to add the deloading because after 4 months of GB programming my max rep HeSPU has remained the same. ( 1 or 2 reps )
I'm even thinking about incorportating strict pressing my 70 lb kettlebells ( max is about 10 reps ) because that'd be about 60% of the load of my HeSPU. ( I weigh 230 lbs )
Would these KB presses help with the development of more reps in HeSPU or is the movement too different.
I'm trying to press with my elbows tucked forward so it's more a tricep movement like the freestanding HeSPU is.