Red Spots Due To Weight Gainer

Started by Robmob, January 23, 2013 · 8 Replies · 9,625 Views

Robmob

I recently bought a weight gainer called Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition, after taking it for a couple of weeks red spots started to appear on my pubis which extended day after day till reaching my chest. The only "cure" was to stop taking it. Its a pity because Im a hardgainer and it helped me grow a lot in those weeks. Do you know what it could have been? An allergic reaction?

Thank you very much, plus this subforum is great, thanks to everybody who has dedicated time to it.I need to start reading it though !

stefanhinote

You're not suppose to rub it down there. :D

 

Are you allergic to milk, eggs, wheat (glutamine, or soy (lecithin)?

 

You could try a weight gainer that's wheat and soy free if you know milk and eggs don't cause you any issues.

 

If you aren't lactose intolerant, and haven't had any other dairy issues have you tried drinking whole milk? I've found it to be one of the easiest ways for more kcal, and since it's a liquid it doesn't effect my satiety very much, so I can continue eating "real food."

Robmob
stefanhinote said:

You're not suppose to rub it down there. :D

>>>Rofl, it genuinly originated an inch under my belly button

Are you allergic to milk, eggs, wheat (glutamine, or soy (lecithin)?

>>> Not allergic in the scope of what happened, however I have a very mild lactose intolerance ( which I choose to ignore) which gives me gas during the day

You could try a weight gainer that's wheat and soy free if you know milk and eggs don't cause you any issues.

>>> I live in the canary islands, which geographicaly is in Africa, ive found a couple of supplements an even a soy protein shake, but thats about it.

I never liked soy, however never showed intolerance to it (most products we eat have soy in some capacity) i tend to eat eggs in 10s,Never had a problem

If you aren't lactose intolerant, and haven't had any other dairy issues have you tried drinking whole milk?

>> I wouldnt mind to, however in comparision to the kcal bomb the shake is, milk seems a little low caliber

I've found it to be one of the easiest ways for more kcal, and since it's a liquid it doesn't effect my satiety very much, so I can continue eating "real food."

You see the problem is I cant diagnose this, nor can my doctor. I will ask for a way to test to what im allergic, however it is very specific and may be dificult to do.

I have a theory that is that if i take it, ignoring the spots, my body will get used to it and not make the red spots.

Funnily enough, i found a post about the same problem in a google search, and the guy didnt find an answer.

I appreciate your help and wish to apologize for the formatting, im writing from my phone.

Thanks

FredInChina
Robmob said:

(...)  i take it, ignoring the spots, my body will get used to it and not make the red spots. (...) 

 

LOL... make a will, don't forget to post the pictures, then go right ahead! :P

I am sure you or someone in this community will learn something useful!

Micawberian
Robmob said:

I have a theory that is that if i take it, ignoring the spots, my body will get used to it and not make the red spots.

 

No...

For the love of God, don't.

edit: Aarrrgg Fred, beat my post by a few seconds!

Joshua Slocum

Don't waste money on weight gainer. If you want to gain weight, eat more real food. Weight gainer is essentially just sugar, vitamins and protein. Since it's mostly sugar, it's not going to help much with building lean mass. If you have trouble gaining weight, eat healthier food, and more of it. 

Daniel Burnham

I also do not recommend weight gainer. If you follow the plans josh has outlined you will have no problem gaining mass. I thought I was a hard gainer but I know now I just didn't eat enough. No one escapes the laws of thermodynamics.

Carbs in general are darn useful even for lean body mass. Don't let anyone tell you different. The problem is that people often replace meals with the weight gainers and lose nutrients. This along with the massive overdose that the jug recommends usually leads to fat gain with the muscle. I went from a skinny rail to a fatter rail when I took weight gainer. Then I started following smart nutrition. It isn't as easy as just chugging a shake but the benefits outweigh the time taken. Also it's pretty well known that those gainers often contain contaminates. I have no idea but its a possibility that may have something to do with your spots. Generally it isn't a good idea to just ignore a problem....

Robmob

Ok ok i wont do it ;)

And ill read the posts from josh, its just a hell of a lot.

Thanks for all the replies, cya

optik169

A great way to get the extra calories in is in a post-workout shake.  I usually blend together a banana, mixed berries, oats, 1-2 scoops whey, peanut butter, greek yogurt, milk (almond, skim, whole, whatever I have available) and frozen spinach.  Just vary the ingredients depending on what you want and you can sip on it over the course of an hour.  If you have allergies, there are also recipes online that take that into account.

 

Also, there's really no such thing as a hardgainer (barring a medical condition).  You really do have to re-teach yourself how to eat to change your body composition in a manner you desire.