Tried searching here and just found it listed as a progression and there's some obvious problems when trying to search Google for Candlestick.
Could someone please discuss the Candlestick on its own. Some questions I'd like answered:
1. Hand placement: I've read holding something behind head and I've read under butt. When I hold behind head I can hold myself up very easily. When under butt its a little harder but I still find myself pushing up with my hands/arms. Is this correct? I can somewhat do it with my arms crossed on my chest but I can't hold it at all.
2. Legs lift up first and then crunch those abs or will it eventually all lift up at the same time?
3. Are candlesticks better done for reps with just a pause at the top or less reps but trying to hold it for time? What's a good time per rep to try for?
4. I lift my legs slowly but then for that ab crunch I can tell I'm somewhat 'rolling' and using momentum. Especially if my hands are on my chest. I can do it with much greater control holding something behind my head but only because I'm using my arms as much or more than my abs.
Thank you.