This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wod - 130122

Started by Coach Sommer, January 22, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,783 Views

Coach Sommer

 
Perform:
2x10 Cast Wall Walks
2x5 Pike Box Press HS
2x10 Straddle Box Press HS
Walking HSPU Ladders
 
Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups
 
notes:
1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.
2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead.  The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders. 
3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.
4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.
5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.
6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.
7) Rest 3-5 minutes then start the Walking HSPU Ladders.
8 ) Begin with Box HeSPU; perform 2 reps then immediately do 6 steps of HS Wall Runs.  Take a few breaths and then move on to Negative HeSPU performing 2 reps followed by 6 steps of HS Wall Runs, continue on upward through the HSPU progressions in this fashion until you reach the hardest variation you are capable of, rest 3-5 minutes and then reverse ladder back to the beginning.  You will now have completed one round.
9) How many rounds you perform depends on the number of rungs that were in your ladder; e.g. you only made it to the first exercise, you will perform 10 rounds or if you made it to the 5th exercise, you will perform 2 rounds.
10) Adjust the reps in the Walking HSPU Ladder as necessary.  If performing two reps at a time is too difficult, drop to one repetition of each variation.  If performing two is too easy, increase to three, four or even five reps per variation.
 
Adriano Augusto

At first I didn't know how to interpret HSPU ladder, seems confuse to me, but after see several videos (Josh, John Sapinoso, other user that I don't remember the name) and read carefully the description I got it. 

 

Extraordinary WOD, Coach. 

 

Although I have a questions.

 

Due to a lack of space and material on my room, I can't perform Presses to HS with the height that I need to, however HeS pike/straddle presses are  become easy with practice... so, where's the intermidiate point?

 

Thanks for all.

Adriano Augusto

A lot of great and viable options ewethestuff, thanks for sharing.

Joshua Slocum

This WOD was a test of endurance! I got through the first round ok, but on the second round I had to rest halfway through the wall-walk and pike-press sets. At least I've identified a weak area I need to work on. 

AlphaKratos

I did this at the end of a 2.5 hour fundamental static positions workout. It destroyed me! I stuck with progressions I could do, and kept strict about not resting too long. Absolutely excellent WOD, even challenged this bar bro with it and he could not even complete the wrist pushups from his knees. Brutal and extremely fun workout!

JamesP

I'm currently following the WODs a week behind and still working on the pre-FSPs; my question is this: How many rounds then should I do if I can only make it to the 3rd exercise (wall assisted HeSPU)? Would it be 3 or 4?