Hi, finally registered for this excellent site. I am a average+ climber (bouldering around french 7B as my best climbs) trying to increase my strength. I consider my technical level higher than my strength level so I think I could push the grades a bit just by increasing my strength and I think gymnastics is the best for me.
Some questions then.
1. When doing static strength training I can for instance do a tuck planche for 10-12 sec so I'm shooting for 6sec * 10set. However if I'm not able to perform all 10 sets with only short rest in the beginning of my steady state cycle does that mean It's too hard for me or should I keep working until I can do 10 sets easily?
2. When pairing static and basic strength work should it be done like for instance this:
-6sec backlever progression
-rest
-1st set of todays pull version
-rest
-6sec backlever progression
-rest
-2nd set of todays pull version
-rest
-6sec backlever progression
-rest
-3rd set of todays pull version
-rest
--6sec backlever progression
-rest
-6sec backlever progression
-rest
-continue until I reach 10 sets or fail.
3. I will try to climb 2 times per week and do the integrated training program 2 times per week. Will that be enough to progress on the gymnastic training? Can I still follow the guidelines and only do for instance vertical pull/push every 2nd week (that is every 4th session) or do I have to make my 2 session per week longer so that I cover all planes in one week?