So as the title states, I am trying to develop the Iron Cross. I have been training it some over the past 2 months and doing a gradual build up. So far I have been building by doing two basic strategies. The first is developing the shoulder girdle strength necessary while supporting the elbow. The second is working the straight arm elbow work by using dream machine/bands. I have been careful to focus on the position of the cross by rolling shoulders forward slightly and pointing elbows downward instead of up/straight ahead. (correct form?)
I have been very careful and gradual about the development and have the prerequisites listed in coach's elbow prep post. My biggest emphasis has been on elbow supported movements as I am also currently working straddle planche on rings (I don't want to overload the elbow). I have only been doing these once a week usually fresh after my rest day, but sometimes at the end depending on my events.
The cross still is not my biggest priority but I would like some direction on it, especially on how to integrate it with the current programming given at the seminar. I remember that rings strength is a separate avenue coming after we have mastered the basics, but I feel I am ready to do some while not replacing my strength routine with it yet. So far I have trained it as I would an event by allocating time for it as ring strength once a week in the training, but I feel it can be better integrated. My question now is should I continue?
Edit: Realized that there is a forum below this one with the same title. Feel free to change the title of this one Moderators. Mine is more concerned with the integration of training than the other topic.