This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

George's Workout Log

Started by Hercules, January 17, 2013 · 9 Replies · 56 Views

Hercules

My workout log.

 

Not a lot to say about me. I've been doing GST for about 6 months.

I'm 15, love training and learning about the human body.

 

Long time lurker, and as of this week have made the decision to start the WODs.

Hercules

Just for reference, last two WODs. First two WODs rather  :) 

Experimenting with band assisted FL. Really helped me learn how to push down.

Starting an SSC with BL tuck as I have no discomfort in elbows from German Hangs. I can do a pronated BL but not supinated. Going to stick with tuck at least a month.

 

Leg strength - 130110. Done 15/01/13

Statics

Support 1 x 60 seconds max. 

FL Band assist 5 x 12 seconds.

BL tuck 1 x 40 seconds max.

 

WOD

 

Perform 3 rounds of the following:

10 Half Windshield Wipers
10 Overhead Lunges
20m Backward Hill Sprint
5 NGHR
 
Notes
- First two sets of overhead lunges done with 20 kg brick at face level. Nearly slipped so went at bodyweight for 3rd set.
- Backwards hill sprints unweighted - going to make a tire resistance thing at some point. Not ideal back to traffic lol.
- My conditioning and leg strength clearly isn't up to standard as after that I felt pretty bad.
 
Handstand day - 130111​. Performed 16/01/13 

10 minutes handstand work.

 

Statics

Prerequisites 60s

Support 2 x 40s

FL Band assist 5 x 12s

BL tuck 3 x 20s

 
WOD
Perform:
1x10 Cast Wall Walks - 3, 2, 2, 2, 1.
1x5 Pike Box Press HS
1x10 Straddle Box Press HS
5 minutes of HS Wall Runs
 
Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups
 
Notes
- Pressed to headstand. 
- 20 seconds on, 40 seconds off for the HS wall runs. I'm going to add in another day of HS wall runs.

 

I found that after the wall runs I could get my hands a lot closer to the wall in stomach to wall HS (2 1/2 inches away from the wall) but my wrists are beyond 90 degrees. I will post a form check.

 

Now that I'm rolling I'm going to add in MSH and tuck planche work in to the statics again.

 

But the first two WODs really were great! As I've mainly focused on simpler upper body strength elements it's great to be working on much weaker areas. 

Hercules

Established Adv. L Sit and Tuck Planche max so eased up on the volume of straight arm work. 

 

Dynamic Push 130114 - 19/1/13

 

Prerequisites 60s.
 
5 minutes Handstand work
 
Statics
Tuck Planche 1 x 15s max
Adv. L Sit 1 x 25s max

Support 1 x 40s

FL Band assist 4 x 12s

BL tuck 1 x 20s

 

WOD

Complete four rounds:
2 Planche leans
3 Wall HeSPU
2 Planche leans
5 XR Dips to L-sit
2 Planche leans
7 Floor PPP
 
Prehab/mobility
Muscle up transition 2 x 2
Cuban rotation 2 x 5
BL Lean Curls 2 x 5
 
Dislocates 2 x 10
Trap 3 raises x 10
 
German Hang 1 x 30
 
Notes
- Planche leans instead of CWW due to lack of room - 2 reps of leaning in and out of a planche lean, holding for 5 seconds at max ROM.
- Saved the wrist push ups for later.
- Scaled pretty well. I couldn't have done any more reps so I'm very happy. 
- Can't wait for today's ring series.
 
Floreio workout - 19/1/13
FLOREIO WORKOUT NUMBER 1 - BEGINNER
A1 Perform 5 min of jump rope
B1 Shoulder ROM and Stabilization routine X 1 set
C1 Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set
 
D1 QDR 2 point support closed 3 x 10s per side.

E1 Slide Into Low Bridge X 5 reps of 5 seconds holds in position (each rep)
E2 Rotations Into Arch Using The Wall X 10 reps
E3 QDR Rotational Push Ups -Beginner variation 10 reps
Repeat D1-3 for 3 total sets
 
Notes
- I've taken elements from the floreio workouts and integrated them but the floreio never interested me. However, now that I'm doing the WODs integrating just elements won't be as easy. So I'm going to start doing the whole package. Working on my weak points - man, slide into low bridge was difficult. I don't know what I've missed out on.
- Probably going to do them daily unless I feel really tired. I'll see how the next week goes.
- Added in more QDR work.
Hercules
Ring strength 130115 - 20/1/13

 

5 minutes Handstand work
 
Statics
Prerequisites 60s.
Tuck Planche 4 x 15s 
Adv. L Sit 3 x 25s 

Support 2 x 40s

BL tuck 3 x 20s

 

WOD
Perform the following:
3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls down in straddle up in adv. tuck, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls down in adv. tuck up in tuck
5x15 seconds FL
5x15 seconds German Hang
 
Prehab/mobility
Dislocates 2 x 10
Wall extension 2 x 10
 
Notes
- Struggled a bit at pressing to shoulder stand, despite the fact I've done spent several weeks practice at it. 
- Going to have some negative half reverse muscle up practice 
- Wall extensions have left my shoulders not feeling great, not going to do them again until I really improve on the dislocates. Or at least if I do them , I'll really limit ROM.
- Don't have space to do 5 x 15s wall HS in the garage nor have the strength to do ring HS so I did them during the handstand practice.
 
Haven't done a floreio workout since Saturday, but I've been practicing my slide in to low bridge and working on some extra handbalancing throughout the day - I can hold for 5 seconds comfortably off the wall from the back to wall and stomach to wall HS (kicking up to the wall). It's coming along, slowly. 
Hercules

Been doing the WODs, but missed a few due to illness and scapula discomfort. I did the dynamic pull, then dynamic leg strength and my last one being ring strength.

 

Floreio is coming on as well. The low bridge is getting better.

 

Anyway, I've just received foundation 1.

 

I think what I see looks easy, but I expect I'll be mistaken. Hoping to find several holes in my training. I never focused on the hollow holds or arch holds so I suspect they will be a weakness. The hollow rocks won't be easy.

 

Not sure what training schedule I'll adopt. As this stuff isn't overly taxing to the nervous system I reckon I'll go for a 5 day set up.

 

Looking forward to the rest of the books (esp. HS 1)!

Hercules

Haven't done anything foundation related the past week (lazy git!)
I've been staying on top of my stretching (I'm caught up with a bit of paralysis by analysis here, I see such a lot about stretching that I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do though) which consists of up to 10 minutes in a side split with a chair (see below), various dynamic stretching/kicks and a lot of time static stretching the hip flexors.
i11.jpg

I've also been working on my cartwheels, various kicks and movement research.
I'm really hoping to join my local Gym and learn some basic tumbling and tricking elements (I've spoken with a friend and he's told me that several trickers attend there).

So I've been doing everything but F1 (I did work through a few elements last week but not enough) - so I tested tonight:
FL - Pe 2 Failed.
sPL - Pe 2 Failed.
HBP - Pe 2 Failed.

Last week
SL - Pe 1 Failed
Mn - Pe 1 Passed

Going to keep testing on Mn and RC.

I'm going to run 4 week cycles on SLS PE elements for the joint prehab - even though I can do the movements (except twisting squat).

I did manage an ankle supported

I'm going to run 8 week cycles on FL, sPL and HBP

 

Going to add in some stuff to maintain my current strength level - maybe a ring series twice a week, some basic dynamic leg work, extra shoulder mobility - I'm not sure yet.

Hercules

Got to start updating my F1 log.

 

I did week 1 twice to get in to the habit of and start off slowly. On that second week I started some extra strength work - spent quite a lot of time on working on kicking up in to ring handstand. I'm also slowly integrating some sprints - later I will move to tire sprints. I live on a hill so sprints are really convenient.

Starting tennis up again on a Thursday.

 

I love the knee prep work from F1! Probably my favourite thing about the course, because it's something I knew absolutely nothing about before.

 

04/03/13

 

F1 Week 2

sPL/PE2 4 x 36s

FL/PE2 4 x 36r

HBP/PE2 4 x 9r

RC/PE3 4 x 6r

 

Taijutsu - 1:45 + stretching

 

Hoping to get HS1 when parents/money allow. Hopefully at the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Hercules

5/03/13

 

F1 Week 2 Day 2

SLS/PE1 15r x 4

SL/PE1 12s x 5

Mn/PE4 5r x 4

 

Taijutsu - kata practice + working kick series

 

Sprints - 50m hill sprints x 2 / 7 minutes

 

Stretching in the evening

 

I'm completing PE4 then moving back to Mn/PE2 once my hips are more comfortable with the snapping hip syndrome with external rotation/extension.

Hercules

Rightyho - might as well write some stuff, not that anyone will read it.

 

Broke clavicle: 28/6/13

Surgery: 10/7/13

Hercules

03/08/13

 

Footwork in the morning

 

35 minute cycle ride in the hills

 

Limited limbering throughout the day.

 

Contract-relax stretching and kicks for an 1 1/2 hours. Focused entirely on the posterior leg. Really felt tight. Might do some anterior/upper C-R tomorrow

- Warm up

- Kicks and dynamic work

 

- Bent leg lunge hamstring stretch

- Piriformis figure 4

- Soleus/ankle

- Froggie splits - really opened up the groin well. I could feel a massive stretch in the medial proximal thigh.

All while watching LoL streaming. Yeah..  :D  :facepalm: