Share Your Favorite Weight Gainer Shakes Without Sups.

Started by Tavis G, January 15, 2013 · 8 Replies · 2,812 Views

Tavis G

I am looking for some shakes without sups for in the mornings. I am going to try to up my cals a bit. Any great tasting Shakes?

Rik de Kort

I use this thing called 'milk'. It's pretty awesome.

Tavis G

I find milk fets boring after so long.

stefanhinote
Tavis G said:
Yeah i use milk too but i find it gets boring after so long because i used to drink so much.

Gets boring? LOL, eat for fun? I use to drink a ton until I became lactose intolerant, so now I drink lactose free milk (but a lot less due to cost).

 

You could throw in some ice cream, flavored whey, milk, and a few eggs for some easy kcal.

Micawberian
stefanhinote said:
Gets boring? LOL, eat for fun?...

Is there something wrong with eating for fun?

 

stefanhinote
Shakyamuni said:

Is there something wrong with eating for fun?

 

No, but I typically don't ever think of eating xxx as boring or fun. :P

3D Guy

rice puddin with yogurth, cocoa and non-calic sweeteners are a good idea.

 

Also, try to pack 4 eggs in a row, like a snack haha

Tyler Gibson

I really enjoy throwing a bunch of stuff in a blender for a liquid feast. I may include any or all of the following:

  • Whole milk
  • Peanut butter
  • eggs
  • spinach
  • fresh fruit
  • honey
  • ice cream
  • Flax seed oil
  • fish oil
  • whey protein (or casein before bed)

The great think about this is that it can be adjusted to meet your caloric needs and goals. For instance if you're a really hard gainer, include all of these things in one shake. If you want to avoid any fat gain but want to up your caloric intake, use 2% milk and skip the ice cream.

 

This shake could be eaten in the morning, between meals, or you could wake up and eat it in the middle of the night. A shake with a slower protein like casein is a good option for before bed because it will keep protein synthesis going while you sleep.

 

The possibilities are endless!

Tavis G

I like to blend some milk, PB, vanilla ice cream, a banana, sometimes some protein powder for taste.