PLANCHE PROBLEMS.wmv
Hi strong brothers.
I want help or advices about my training program specifically on planche training. I began really work on it since january of 2012 and in the end of march i saw a great progress on my planche, but for some months later i kept training on it, but then i didn't take a video of my planche. Some month later i recorded a video of my planche because i felt that i had better and, but when i watched the video my surprise was other. My planche was worst that the first ones i think that now i need to be able to do a full planche, but i think adter march i only was going backward instead of forward.
I don't know if my training programs have influenced on it, because after march my training programs was more extended than the first ones, i advanced on other skills, but on planche i saw that i only going backward.
Here is the first traiining routine that i did the first 3 months of 2012 i only did a little changes on each month.
MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
*warm up
*6 sets 10 secs straddle planche (not godd form legs not totally straight)
*3 sets (15 Stall Bar leg rises)
Rings Work
*3 sets( 8 muscle ups)
*3 sets ( 5 L-sit to straddle planche (not hold on the planche))
*3 sets ( 10 iron cross pulls with straps)
*3 sets (10 jump to maltese with straps)
*3 sets ( L-sit to handstand (not hold on the handstand)
*3 sets ( 10 back lever)
*3 sets ( 10 front lever (only negatives without hold))
*complete 2 minutes of handstand on rings with assited with feet on the straps
*4sets ( 5 OAC with 10 vest and assited with towel)
*4 sets (5 negative maltese on blocks)
IN THE AFTERNOON
*4 sets (15 secs pseudo planche)
*6 sets( 10 jumps forward trying to reach the planche position)
TUESDAY - THURSDAY
*3 sets ( straddle L pressing the legs rearward)
*3 sets (20 from L-sit on parallettes doing windshield wipers + 15 dragon flags)
*3 sets (10 press handstand on floor)
*complete 2 minutes handstand on floor
*3 sets (15 pseudo planche push ups + 25 V-ups)
*3 sets (5 roll to planche + on a fitness ball 50 reverse leg lifts + 10 90 degree push ups assited with the fitness ball and wearing a 10kg vest)
*3 sets (20 secs one arm elbow lever assisted a little with the other hand in the floor (both sides))
*3 sets( 20 dumbbell swings)
IN THE AFTERNOON
*6 sets (10 on parallel bars support and push chest trying to reach a hollow body position)
*6 sets ( from tuck position trying to extended one leg to full planche 3 times each leg)
*6 sets ( on blocks begin on L-sit position trying to extend to full planche 5 times and the same but with wide arms 5 times)
*6 sets (10 jumps forward trying to reach the planche position)
I DID THIS ROUTINES FROM JANUARY TO MARCH OF 2012 , BUT NOW MY ROUTINES ARE LONGER THAN THIS, BUT I THINK THAT THE ROUTINES THAT I DO NOW ARE TOO MUCH AND MAYBE THAT'S THE REASON OF MY STAGNANT OF MY PLANCHE, I SEE IMPROVEMENT ON OTHER SKILLS BUT NOT ON MY PLANCHE.
**THIS IS ONE OF THE ROUTINES THAT I DO NOW
*warm up
*3 sets ( 30secs from L-sit on parallettes doing windshield wipers)
*3 sets (6 straddle L pressing the legs rearward )
** 1 set (5 left, right buttermakers and 15 elbow push ups - 3 left, right buttermakers and 10 elbow push ups - 2 left, right buttermakers and 8 elbow push ups ALL WITHOUT REST)
*** THIS IS FOR PLANCHE AND I RETURN TO DO THIS SINCE I SAW THAT MY PLANCHE GO BAD AGAIN :'(
***2/30 secs planche lean - 4/15 tuck planche - 6 advance tuck
**** LEGS FLEXIBILITY AND FLAG WORK
***** 6 sets (2 tuck press handstand with bent elbos ( now i can't do it staright too ) and 3 tuck to headstand)
***** 3 sets ( 3 HSPU i do this depper than the normal Full ROM)
***** 3 sets ( 3 HSPU on one bar and with the hands facing backward)
***** 6 sets (5 tuck to straddle without hold on the straddle)
***** on parallel bars practice, handstands, press handstands and other stufs)
***** 3 sets ( 3 lef, right OA HSPU assisted on low parallel bars)
***** complete 12 ( 90 degree push ups)
****** OA Handstand practice
****** 4 sets ( 4 FL pulls and 4 with supinated grip)
IN THE AFTERNOON
* 4 sets (4 dip to tuck planche)
* 4 sets ( from tuck position trying to extended one leg to full planche 3 times each leg)
* 3 sets (10 tuck to straddle not hold on the straddle)
* 4 sets ( 30 secs reverse leg lift hold with 25kg)
*HERE IS THE VIDEO OF MY PLANCHE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARCH 2012 AND DECEMBER ![]()
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIO I THINK THAT I NEED TO REDUCE A LOT THE TRAINING INTENSITY, BUT I'LL WAITING FOR YOUR COMENTS AND ADVICES. THANKS A LOT.