Front Lever Pulls

Started by simontrains, January 14, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,203 Views

simontrains

OK so I have been training some static holds for the FL for a few months, but not seen much progression (still waiting on my flat tuck). I think this is partially due to muscle activation and not knowing exactly what to do. I tried some front lever pulls today at the gym and with a fair bit of momentum actually managed a few reps/sets of them. I felt it much more in my shoulders and lats which is a good thing, should I continue with this dynamic exercise and gradually increases range of motion/use less momentum? Or is the static hold really the best way to continue with this exercise?

 

Another question, will front lever pulls really help with the static hold and strength for this exercise?

Guest

front pulls will help with the front lever very much. Its easy to use momentum in the beginning to "just be able" to perform the exercise, but aim for being able to pause a short moment in the lever position, and gradually make the pause longer. I would work on both static holds and dynamic exercises, as they both build up strength, and it can be nice to change up your workout from time to time. the static holds are important though, as they strengthen your joints.

timsen

Key work is to change up the routine. If you havnt seen improvement for few months then defenitely something is wrong. Either change your routine up because your body has already gotten used to it.

 

Try change it up, instead of a flat back lever, hold a one leg tucked lever one day, the other day max out your regular rounded back lever. Do this for few weeksn and then try your flat back lever. im sure youll hold if for a longer time.

 

Also, if you want to be good on static lever, practise it static.

Joey Frad

I believe utilizing both static AND dynamic will lead to the fastest progress.